? servers

? players online

System 32 got a virus

• Content Count:  1465

Great well my laptop now crashed with a virus tht corrupted system 32, i am currently running a scan. If the laptop isnt fixed within 3 months I wont be able to play css with u guys so this is also a good bye from the communiy. Well i might be on the forums but u wont see me in game. I think I have a good idea where the virus came from. Sometimes on sites it automatically directs u to a fake "your system has a virus" thing to tell the diffrence check the top of the screen where it has the internet browser thing. If it does have the internet browser thing then its fake, it is a site people use to get u to dowload their virus then ur system 32 crashes, and u woud have to take it to the repair thing and get it fixed.

• Content Count:  421

Great well my laptop now crashed with a virus tht corrupted system 32, i am currently running a scan. If the laptop isnt fixed within 3 months I wont be able to play css with u guys so this is also a good bye from the communiy. Well i might be on the forums but u wont see me in game. I think I have a good idea where the virus came from. Sometimes on sites it automatically directs u to a fake "your system has a virus" thing to tell the diffrence check the top of the screen where it has the internet browser thing. If it does have the internet browser thing then its fake, it is a site people use to get u to dowload their virus then ur system 32 crashes, and u woud have to take it to the repair thing and get it fixed.

I always repair my own stuff. But why would you click on the link if you know the the link is a virus?!?! Never click on those "warning u haz a virus" pop ups or ads. =___="

• Content Count:  237

ewww.. thats bad man. any virus that gets into your system files is a trainwreck.

my course of action would be to reformat, because you dont know the extent of the damage and if it spread throughout your computer. plus a lot of AV programs cant find all of the viruses so definitely reformat to avoid any more problems down the line. if you dont know how to reformat, get at me and ill walk you through it on vent or something.

• Content Count:  3205

I have gotten that fake "virus detected" then some scan appears out of nowhere about 5 times this year all you gotta do is press the restart button on ur tower and it goes away.

My moms pc was infected with this fake WinPC (so called anti virus) stuff that you had to register and all these fake viruses or the saying "files will be moved to a different pc" appeared. The problem is no one had used that pc for maybe 4 months.

• Content Count:  2959

No do NOT reboot before you kill that thing!

Viruses like that are built so that they use a reboot to spread their infection and resecure it. Download Spybot Search and Destroy (and update check with it obv) and AVG free and run the two of them, between the two you should be clean. AVG isn't nearly the best antivirus out there but in combination with Spybot it's in the "good enough" category for uses like this. Do that THEN reboot into safemode (start->run->msconfig go to the "boot" tab and checkmark safemode) and scan with both again then go back to where you enabled safemode to disable it and reboot again back into normal mode and check a third time to make sure it's dead.

If it survives that you've got something truly abhorrent on your hands and need to reformat without trying to save any files Pronto because anything that spybot can't kill is nasty.

• Content Count:  349

Viruses like that are built so that they use a reboot to spread their infection and resecure it. Download Spybot Search and Destroy (and update check with it obv) and AVG free and run the two of them, between the two you should be clean. AVG isn't nearly the best antivirus out there but in combination with Spybot it's in the "good enough" category for uses like this. Do that THEN reboot into safemode (start->run->msconfig go to the "boot" tab and checkmark safemode) and scan with both again then go back to where you enabled safemode to disable it and reboot again back into normal mode and check a third time to make sure it's dead.

If it survives that you've got something truly abhorrent on your hands and need to reformat without trying to save any files Pronto because anything that spybot can't kill is nasty.

Exactly what I did :p and it works use this method!

• Content Count:  1465

I always repair my own stuff. But why would you click on the link if you know the the link is a virus?!?! Never click on those "warning u haz a virus" pop ups or ads. =___="

facepalm, its automatically goes to the thing, u dont have to click it

kinda too late now and i already tried it it wouldnt go away, im about to send the thing back to the repair thing since my dad said to give the disc to him so i wouldnt lose it. guess what? he lost it. ill post a new thread when it gets fixed, till then good bye SG

Reply to Thread