? servers

? players online

Alienware, I found this very cheap.

• Content Count:  1278

Well its already ordered, and I think it was totally worth it. Needed a huge upgrade from my HP Pavilion, Fans don't work on it anymore and the graphics card couldn't be any worse.

It is a desktop

[1] Aurora™

Processor: AMD® Athlon™ X2 5200+ 2.7GHz Dual Core 2 x 512KB L2 Cache

Alienware P2 Chassis: Alienware® P2 Chassis with AlienIce™ 3.0 Video Cooling - Space Black

AlienFX®: Alienware® Standard System Lighting - Plasma Purple

Alienware P2 Chassis Upgrades: Alienware® Standard System Cooling

Power Supply: Alienware® 750 Watt Multi-GPU Approved Power Supply

Graphics Processor: Single 512MB GDDR3 ATI® Radeon® HD 4850

Memory: 2GB Dual Channel DDR2 SDRAM at 800MHz - 2 x 1024MB

Motherboard: Alienware® Approved AMD® 790FX Motherboard

Includes PCI-Express 2.0, BIOS Overclocking Utility, and Support for AMD Phenom Quad-Core Processors

Operating System (Office software not included) : Windows Vista® Home Premium with Service Pack 1 – DirectX 10 Ready!

System Drive: Single Drive Configuration - 250GB SATA 3Gb/s 7,200RPM 16MB Cache

Optical Drives : Single Drive Configuration - 20X Dual-Layer Burner (DVD±RW)

Enthusiast Essentials: Single High Performance Gigabit Ethernet Port

Sound Card: High-Definition 7.1 Performance Audio - Standard

Keyboard: Standard Keyboard - Standard Keyboard

Mouse: Standard Mouse - Standard Optical 3-Button Mouse with Scroll Wheel

Warranty: 1-Year AlienCare Onsite Service and 24/7 Toll-Free Phone Support

Security Software: McAfee® VirusScan Plus – 30-Day Free Trial Factory Installed!

Additional Games: World of Warcraft Preinstall Edition

Alienware Extras: Alienware® Mesh Cap

Alienware Extras: Alienware® Desktop Binder

Alienware Extras: Owner Identification Card

Alienware Extras: Internal Wire Management

Window Style: Default Window Style

Mouse Pointers: Standard Mouse Pointers

Power Plan: Standard Power Plan

Automatic Updates: Automatic Updates On

Time Zones: (GMT - 5.00) Eastern Time (US & Canada)

The price for the computer was $849.99, with shipping and handling, and tax it came out to a total of $1023.00

Pay no mind to the 2GB, gonna buy another 2 once it arrives if I need it

Overall I think its a very good buy from Alienware especially :high5:

• Content Count:  237

Isn't this a good computer as well?

it's pretty good..

+ has 4 gigs of ram.. a must for vista users

+ sexy case.. lights add to the 'coolness' factor

+ E8400 processor.. (i had this in my previous computer and it never gave me problems)

- 420w psu.. seems a little low, esp if you want to upgrade (vid card or processor)

+/- 9500 GT 1GB.. card is okay. maybe not be the best for the newer games coming out using newer technologies

+/- 500gb hd.. wont get filled up for awhile but i still would recommend buying another 500gb as backup or a 1tb as your main

+ 7.1 audio.. great for music and games if you have the speakers/headset for it

- 65-100$ on shipping/tax

+ only 579$.. pretty much a steal.

*note* the pics shows a vid card, and a monitor, it does not come with either

on the whole, it looks like a great deal, if it was me, what i would do is go to newegg and make a parts list that matches this one and see if you can find it cheaper.

• Content Count:  2959

I think I already reviewed N3wbie's comp (if i didnt let me know) but dude, august, you just spent $800 on a computer literally about half as powerful as what I could've build you for that same price. You've got an athlon x2, which even the now several years old E6600 beat to hell and back, and only 2gb of ram and 250gb of hdd space.

For $800 you could have had an intel quadcore (beats the hell out of every AMD basically), 4gb of ram, 750gb of hdd space, at least the same level videocard if not better, and far better quality parts.

[edit]

Dude seriously just to get the point across you paid $850 for this processor. Scroll down. Keep going. Yeah, that's the one at the very bottom of the chart.

Whoever sold you this didnt just rip you off, they sold you something so bad I'd say that this is outright scamming someone. Get your money back man.

Edited by Shadowex3

• Content Count:  44

+/- 500gb hd.. wont get filled up for awhile but i still would recommend buying another 500gb as backup or a 1tb as your main

lol. ive been gaming on a 30G hardrive, 500G will seem like heaven.

• Content Count:  237

...but dude, august, you just spent $800 on a computer literally about half as powerful as what I could've build you for that same price.

wait what? im not the one that just bought the computer, chainedlord was..

• Content Count:  1000

You got jipped so bad. I can get the exact same specs of your computer for 600 dollars. GG. I don't know where to start.

Buying an Alienware was a bad decision if you wanted to get the best bang for your buck. You pay at least 200 dollars just for their name.

AMD Athlon 64 X2 5200+? They don't even make or sell this anymore. Alienware was trying to get rid of their remaining Athlon 64 X2, since it isn't made/sold anymore. Also, AMD is not a choice for a gaming computer. All of the low power consumption crap should not apply to gaming computers. Gaming computers are and will always be energy eating machines.

2GB of RAM? For anything over 600 dollars, it should at least come with 4GB. Seriously. 2GB is not even an option for computers that cost over 600 dollars.

250GB hard drive? 500GB is the bare minimum for anything over 500 dollars. (I can be wrong about this one). And it only has 16MB of cache? Wow.

And that 150 dollar shipping & handling and tax? Wow? Really? 150 for S&H and tax? That insane. Better luck next time getting the best bang for your buck. Come to Shadowex3 or me before buying a computer.

I hate seeing people get jipped so bad. It saddens and angers me.

wait what? im not the one that just bought the computer, chainedlord was..

Shadowex3 said the wrong name. He meant Chainedlord.

Edited by Akaru

Reply to Thread