? servers

? players online

New comp... need some inspections!

• Content Count:  830

I have no idea why you would want a 350 dollar GTS when a 250 dollar GT is better than that GTS and almost as good as the GTX.

I don't even see an arguement here. Get the 8800GT.

It's the new G92 GTS foo... it > the GT

• Content Count:  152

I'm even afraid to ask what you had. I didn't know that GPUs can be used that long. lol

psh i had a pentium 4 prescot socket 478, i just replaced it after 4 years use and it still works fine, i still got it

• Content Count:  166

I don't know why you need the next-generation cards right away.

Perhaps for Crysis but basically every other company will not dedicate their sources on this amazing graphics engine because..not a lot of people can run it.

You saw that Crysis sold 90,000 units right? That sucks. Those sale figures pretty much guarantee that no one will take a risk like that.

Ok and I read about the G92 and perhaps you should get that because it is better than the old GTS and the GT now. But it's only a 10 percent boost of graphics power for 100 dollars more..doesn't seem like a good deal.

But be careful of price gouging. My GT cost 300 dollars when it was supposed to be msrp 250.

OH , and did you see at CES the new Ati card? It's really long and has 2 gpu's in one card. You might want to wait for that.

Edited by Microshockk

• Content Count:  135

Keep the Raptor by itself for your o/s and proggies and get 2 WD Caviars HDD in Raid 0 for storage. I stuck with XP Pro, still seems to early for Vista, maybe should wait til SP1 comes out and see how it like first.

Isn't a GTS just a slightly more overclocked GT? My mind might just still be in the last generation of video cards, but I'd go with the GT if you're going to upgrade using Evga's step up program.

That's like saying a GTX is an overclocked version of a GTS... no, it's a different card. About 20% difference in performance over the GT.

Also mew, why would I do 2 storage HDD's in RAID if my primary drive is gonna be the raptor? For ex: RAID helps you load in games quicker, so if I have 2 HDDs in raid that are for storage and the raptor that's my main, I wouldn't get any of the loading/performance benefits would I? My knowledge of RAID is still limited so please clarify it for me if you don't mind.

• Content Count:  135

oops.. my mistake. raid o/s drives is right.. a straight 16 hour shift and then 2 more hours of TF2 after getting home high on caffeine will corrupt your mind.

• Content Count:  672

The new GTS is a 10-12 percent boost over the GT.

Which was why I said it only felt like a slightly overclocked GT, but then again, I'm a cheap bastard so having to pay an extra $100 for slight boost isn't worth it in my opinion (unless the GTS has great overclocking abilities).

Anyways, in terms of price & performence, the 8800gt is the way to go.

EDIT :

If you don't mind doing a mail in rebate, here's a BFG 8800gts for $299

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814143119

Edited by Pancake Batter

The new GTS is a 10-12 percent boost over the GT.

15% actually, and gains another 15% when overclocked versus an OC'ed GT. Still might just go for the GT for the moment though.

Also microshock, I'll be switching to a 9800GX2 once it comes out which is nvidia's new dual GPU card thru evga's step-up program.

Edited by Omega

Reply to Thread