? servers

? players online

internet keeps disconnecting

• Content Count:  171

Every couple of minutes my internet will disconnect and reconnect. I have verizon dsl. The weird thing is i does not seem to happen at night. But during the morning it happens alot. This happened a couple of times before and it went away after 1 week. In the past i called up verizon asking them what was wrong and they could not figure out what was wrong

edit: yea i do have password and im scanning my pc for viruses right now. 2 ppl are using the router so could that be too much

Edited by Shower Fart

• Content Count:  4360

maybe someone is stealing your internetzzzz or possibly a virus on your pc. Oh also if you have a wireless router i had this problem awhile back, my router could not handle the amount of people in my house using it and it would drop signal alot so we had to upgrade to a better router and now its perfect

• Content Count:  1662

ok, this sonds like an identical problem that i just recently had with my router, but mine happend at around 12am (midnight) to 3am, what i tried to do is update my firmware to the most recent (found on the manufactures web site). but unfortunatly i fucked it up big time and rendered by router useless, so i went out and got my self a nice new shiny one, and it works.

i think it will be just the firmware out of date on your router

Or your neighbors know your password.

that wouldnt account for the fact the HE keeps getting d/c, all that would happen if his niebors did know his password+using his internets. would be that his connection would slow, not stop all together

• Content Count:  1000

that wouldnt account for the fact the HE keeps getting d/c, all that would happen if his niebors did know his password+using his internets. would be that his connection would slow, not stop all together

Again, or your neighbors know your password.

They could be downloading or uploading extremely huge files for an extended amount of time. My cousin is always torrenting 24/7 (his computer has been on for at least a year now torrenting, with an occasional restart) and whenever I go to his house, I bring my laptop and I'm always dcing off his network.

Now where is your story to back up your statement?

Again, or your neighbors know your password.

They could be downloading or uploading extremely huge files for an extended amount of time. My cousin is always torrenting 24/7 (his computer has been on for at least a year now torrenting, with an occasional restart) and whenever I go to his house, I bring my laptop and I'm always dcing off his network.

Now where is your story to back up your statement?

no story, just fact. the term is "leeching"

1)if they do know his password why the fuck would they restart the router

2) why dont they just change the password?

3) "torrenting" would just eat up the bandwidth resulting in SLOW internet not NO internet.

4) if your always d/c ing off his network its more than likely that your too far away form the router and walls in the way of the signal

prove me wrong by getting a CAT5 cable and plug it in directly to your "friends" router and see if you get d/c'ed then?

• Content Count:  1000

no story, just fact. the term is "leeching"

1)if they do know his password why the fuck would they restart the router

2) why dont they just change the password?

3) "torrenting" would just eat up the bandwidth resulting in SLOW internet not NO internet.

4) if your always d/c ing off his network its more than likely that your too far away form the router and walls in the way of the signal

prove me wrong by getting a CAT5 cable and plug it in directly to your "friends" router and see if you get d/c'ed then?

1) I never mentioned anything about restarting his router.

2) Don't ask me, ask OP. I would change my password right away.

3) I stand corrected on this one.

4) His router is 2 feet away from me, since it's in his room and we are only permitting in his room.

So it's either my laptop, or his router. I have no problems with my laptop when I am using it at home.

BTW, this "friend" is my cousin.

Reply to Thread