? servers

? players online

NFL Week 10

• Content Count:  4473

Ass backwards week for the NFC East as well as some poor game regulation and NFL review policies.

On to next week as Monday's game is going to be a boring matchup.

EPIC Sunday Night Football game just about made up for it.

Edited by Italian Jew

LOL Bill Belichick.

He had a good call. It only looks bad because that guy bobbled the pass and wound up BEHIND the first down marker. The he had caught the pass correctly at the point of contact, everyone would be talking about how gutsy Belichick was.

• Content Count:  834

He had a good call. It only looks bad because that guy bobbled the pass and wound up BEHIND the first down marker. The he had caught the pass correctly at the point of contact, everyone would be talking about how gutsy Belichick was.
Not to sound like a douche, but what ifs don't mean much in football. He should have shown a little more confidence in his defense, he knew the risks of the decision he made. (What if Santonio Holmes didn't catch that prayer in the corner of the end zone with the clock running down in the SB last year?)

Not to sound like a douche, but what ifs don't mean much in football. He should have shown a little more confidence in his defense, he knew the risks of the decision he made. (What if Santonio Holmes didn't catch that prayer in the corner of the end zone with the clock running down in the SB last year?)

I get what your saying, but I'd rather bet on the Pats offense getting the job done rather than their defense. Peyton is dangerous from any point on the field and he had more than enough time to create a game winning drive from 40-50 yards out. The Patriots defense isn't something you rely on in a 2 minute drill. They don't have enough depth.

Personally, I would have relied on a running play rather than a pass in that situation. Too much can happen if you pass and bad things can happen from what look like good enough plays. The Patriots don't have the greatest running game, but for a big fourth down play, you wouldn't be too crazy set up in a passing play and check into the correct gap away from the blitz. Belichick gambled and lost, but to seal a game like that, you need a good gamble. It looked like it paid off, but poor catching likely cost them the game.

That Holmes catch in the Super Bowl wasn't that much of a prayer play anyway. It was a good catch made more amazing than it actually was given the circumstances. Any high to top-rated receiver could have made that catch with ease. If he missed the catch, Pittsburgh would have run another play and had another chance to score, so its not like that play was a win or lose situation anyway.

I get what your saying, but I'd rather bet on the Pats offense getting the job done rather than their defense. Peyton is dangerous from any point on the field and he had more than enough time to create a game winning drive from 40-50 yards out. The Patriots defense isn't something you rely on in a 2 minute drill. They don't have enough depth.

Personally, I would have relied on a running play rather than a pass in that situation. Too much can happen if you pass and bad things can happen from what look like good enough plays. The Patriots don't have the greatest running game, but for a big fourth down play, you wouldn't be too crazy set up in a passing play and check into the correct gap away from the blitz. Belichick gambled and lost, but to seal a game like that, you need a good gamble. It looked like it paid off, but poor catching likely cost them the game.

That Holmes catch in the Super Bowl wasn't that much of a prayer play anyway. It was a good catch made more amazing than it actually was given the circumstances. Any high to top-rated receiver could have made that catch with ease. If he missed the catch, Pittsburgh would have run another play and had another chance to score, so its not like that play was a win or lose situation anyway.

I agree for the most part, Belichick just didn't have it in the cards tonight. As for the Holmes reference, I realize it wasn't the greatest example but that was just off the top of my head. What made the catch more special wasn't the catch so much as his foot work.
Edited by Josh

What made the catch more special wasn't the catch so much as his foot work.

The better receivers spend hours on dragging their toes for occasions such as that. Coaches have done a better job emphasizing that since they removed the force out rule.

The better receivers spend hours on dragging their toes for occasions such as that. Coaches have done a better job emphasizing that since they removed the force out rule.
Yeah, the Bengals training camp is located where I grew up (The place where Hard Knocks was this year). I used to go out and watch them every summer. The receivers spent a shit load of time on foot drills alone. Ochocinco was the standout amongst them all of course.

Reply to Thread