? servers

? players online

Post your REAL guns!

• Content Count:  2661

in NY, rifles and shotguns do not require a permit. However pistols do, and they are a bitch to get.

Also regular capacity magazines are restricted to preban only. Very annoying

• Content Count:  1756

in NY, rifles and shotguns do not require a permit. However pistols do, and they are a bitch to get.

How come you need a permit for pistols but not for rifles and shotguns? I really don't get that

• Content Count:  1025

Here in Mass, we need to go through a basic firearms safety course, then talk to our local police chief to get consent to apply for the FID (firearms identification card). I'm currently in the process of waiting for my FID, once I get it, I plan on buying a rifle or shotgun. I have to wait until I'm 21 to apply for Class A/B or w/e for a pistol/License to carry... Will update shortly with the new guns.

• Content Count:  2306

The pistol permit is relatively easy to get, it just takes upwards of 6 months of wait time for some counties though. The Concealed Carry permit is the real bitch. I know down here in Ontario County it is almost a shall-issue county, and im pretty sure its the same up in Monroe County, but in many counties it is essentially a non-issue county.

Note: By easy, I mean it requires a number of different steps, but none of them are particularly harsh. Application, small fee, fingerprinting, character references etc. Such requirements would be considered very difficult by other state's standards, but anyone who lives in New York knows that bureaucratic bullshit is the norm, and compared to other things, this is a cakewalk.

Edited by *Queen VenomousFate*

• Content Count:  40

new york makes you get a license to buy a gun??

that sucks. in virginia, you just walk in, make sure you are 18+ and not a felon, and you walk out with a gun 15 min later.

1 thing I like about Va is it's gun friendly!!! I got a Charles Daly .223, remington 597, and a sig 226

• Content Count:  125

Hey, just wondering, I'm thinking of getting a home defense weapon. Would I be better off with a .40 or 9mm handgun or should I get something like an SU-16CA (Damn californian laws.) or Benelli M4?

Reply to Thread