? players online

Do you agree with this?  

26 members have voted

1. 1. Do you agree with this?

• Yes, i want warnings!
    • No, warnings are stupid!

Spammerz

• Content Count:  4360

Mic spamming is common sense. No one wants to hear someone's "hilarious" sound clip from a meme that we have heard over a thousand times. I never put up with mic spamming, I warn once and than wait and if they continue its a mute.

• Content Count:  464

The problem is, that when it gets asked over the mic by the person who is also recording the demo, his voice will not be heard. So we wont know if he asked it or not.

Mystique, they could just type it, or is what you meant you can't type when you are recording? If that's the case they could warn before they record or stop their demo quick and warn and then record a new one.

Also we need a definition of mic spam, seeing as I just got a strike indirectly. The complaint was on another admin and I got a strike for "mic spamming" when what I played on the mic was a few clips that were less than 5 seconds long and VERY quiet, which I think is a little harsh for just that. :(

Seems like we are going to classify anything that is not your real voice automatically as mic spam I guess.

Edited by Finzz

• Content Count:  1120

I don't see an issue with this, considering I made my fair share of mic spamming player complaints.

Tip: Make sure your demo is longer than 5 seconds; make multiple if you feel it is necesarry. Ask them politely to stop and tell them that is against the rules to mic spam and is a bannable offense, in chat. Do it in through mic as well, but the key is through chat; always chat.

If you are playing in that server, I can't think of any reason for not being able to record as long as you can. If you take the SS and demo, there isn't any real hurry to get it posted on the forums. For just about every 9/10 complaints that are made, it will take hours-days before someone takes action. Stick around for awhile and get all that you can.

• Content Count:  1120

why should that person really get a warning for mic spamming they already know whats coming to them. also they already know whats the rule

The point isn't necessarily to warn them, just to allow future spectators the chance to see that this invidual acknowledges our rules, knows and understands the consequences, and that they can punish/ban without having to deal with most of the bullshit found in appeals.

Ignorance(an offender's greatest ally), cannot be used as an excuse.

Common sense and judgement should be made by all players of any level in SG. I have made countless complaints when I was Sup. and have also let countless others go without a word, because believe it or not, there are plenty out there new to our servers and just need someone, aside from an admin punishing, to give them the proper warnings.

I don't see how taking 2 seconds to type a proper warning somehow affects you considerably, in a negative way. Demos and SS are great, but it really doesn't help much if you just sit back in silence and secretly tape one another.

The real contribution are the actions that result in being able to walk into a server and seeing and hearing no assholes, just good, plain fun. How the hell are people going to know that the community doesn't tolerate that bullshit when only admins are the ones publicly taking action.

• Content Count:  2844

its stupid if someone comes to fuck whit everyone chos someone killed him. he should be warned

but nobody dont want to listen that for long.

and i agree whit that music playing. if players like it they should let him play it but if even1 doesnt

wanna listen then just warning him. after that mute.:mad2:

Reply to Thread