? servers

? players online

Why is Steam the best thing ever?

• Content Count:  3440

Try playing CS at a lan party with no Internet connection. It just won't happen.. Steam screws it up for at least 50% of the people there. Sure you get portability of your games (as long as you have an internet connection) Like a majority of the posts under this thread it's a Love/Hate kinda thing.

• Content Count:  1230

But i've joined several 32 slot TF2 servers.

Just like our 32 slot TF2 server, all of those are hacked & bypassed. Steam/Valve does not support any TF2 server past 24 slots.

Steam is really a love an hate thing. Love having all of my games ready for download, having updates ready instead of having to search for and download patches, having an online community with stats, pages and such. Hate not being able to playing without internet, hate that they limit slots and refuse to list those who exceed the limit, hate when they go offline, screw up you favorites or friends and hate when I have to restart when it says I don't own a game.

In the end it's better than EA's POS online community which frequently goes offline and causes a terrible amount of lag.

• Content Count:  935

Just like our 32 slot TF2 server, all of those are hacked & bypassed. Steam/Valve does not support any TF2 server past 24 slots.

Steam is really a love an hate thing. Love having all of my games ready for download, having updates ready instead of having to search for and download patches, having an online community with stats, pages and such. Hate not being able to playing without internet, hate that they limit slots and refuse to list those who exceed the limit, hate when they go offline, screw up you favorites or friends and hate when I have to restart when it says I don't own a game.

In the end it's better than EA's POS online community which frequently goes offline and causes a terrible amount of lag.

Well said ;)

• Content Count:  4473

Honestly Desu, you are beginning to sound more like Microshock, a total fucking loon! Let me guess, you like Vista too? Steam is shite as others have pointed out previously and it is nowhere near the best or even a great client for online gaming.

Stop hanging out with him or you will wind up gang raped in an alley by a group of Valve employees wearing Gordon Freeman masks to the tune of "It's Raining Men".

Honestly, Xbox Live is an awesome system...and its on a bloody CONSOLE! A PC client should be better than that, but valve manages to feck it up. If I can do stuff easier on a controller than a damn keyboard, something is wrong.

• Content Count:  331

Honestly, Xbox Live is an awesome system...and its on a bloody CONSOLE! A PC client should be better than that, but valve manages to feck it up. If I can do stuff easier on a controller than a damn keyboard, something is wrong.

Exactly.

• Content Count:  5086

I hate steam, I can't use ingame community for source because it drops my FPS drastically. I can't be logged onto friends while playing source or I disconnect from popular servers repeatedly. I can run it fine for 1.6 without much of an FPS drop though. Shitty steam :(

• Content Count:  89

There is an offline mode for Steam...and yes there is problems with Steam just like any other service. Remember the 1 month crash xbox live had? Yep.

I'm saying that Steam has gotten really good and I hate playing non-steam games.

And yes I love Vista. So much better than that crap Windows XP or MAc osx leopard.

• Content Count:  4473

Oh no...a month...In the meantime while that was down, Xbox users COULD play their games offline where as in steam...if you haven't updated (which occurs every few seconds for some fuck odd reason) you can't play your game offline.

Steam screws with you 365 days a year.

• Content Count:  89

If you don't have Xbox Live and you aren't online..theres no point of an xbox 360 AT ALL.

Steam has an offline mode. My friend has dial-up and he plays offline games on Steam.

Reply to Thread