? servers

? players online

Jail Break

• Content Count:  11501

well i was there bro. just without a mic

Of course, everybody and their mother has been here since ZM started in the fall of 2003. :thumb:

If you guys seriously think two servers will fail then you are highly mistaken. I'm not really saying bring back a second server (although I wouldn't mind it), but there's no way it would be empty. I would even go as far as to say if it was empty all the time or failed, I will give my SA title to iScout.

• Content Count:  1300

you guys/gals are incredibly testy, I told you we were testing the slots for the weekend. if you check PB now its back to 24 slots.

if you guys cannot wait 4 days to even post the issues like more spawn points needed( and how many of you know how to add spawn points? quite a few if memory serves) then we could attempt to address issues. as it stands crying about how any major change "ruins everything" just makes it that much harder to want to deal with the 4 gigs of back end files settings and such that comprise PB. its not a "small lightweight server". keeping it running smoothly now comprises about 25% of our server hacking and issues and eats a good day out of the week or more just to maintain.

the entire reason we tried extra slots was because we DO NOT have the space, time, nor compunction currently to handle 2 pb servers. adding a few extra slots is not a big deal for a dedi server, adding another server to the dedi along with its support, upgrades and extra maintenance is not something we just snap our fingers and do. Its much harder then most of you think. the TF2 server to just get plug and play with our server mods was 24 hours of work. and that isnt counting the continuous tweaking and adjusting to get some semblance of community interest in it going. while PB's base work is a bit easier, most of the PB files were destroyed Sunday in an "incident" that we are still recovering from. rebuilding another server on top of our efforts to secure what we have is not a priority.

Ive been here since way way back and remember the literal horror of multi PB servers, half the forum was ZOMG hate jihad, the other part was zomg pants on head CT's, make more or less rules, then we had the leave everything alone and pb is fine how it is group.

pretty much exactly what we have now. but more annoying and even less oversight and harder infrastructure to modify/maintain.

when PB became less popular and you all called to expand the community into gungame, tf2, another shot at Reg CS, the extra escapes etc, that was the lowest performing server, and it caused the highest complaint to server ratio and bans. (which back then was handled separately and quite honestly tripled the server workload.) We didnt have globalbans and admins sorted as easily as we did now. everything was hand done. so servers causing ridiculous bitching were simply removed.

If you want a second PB server with a second set of mods as well as servers we are in alpha testing like mnote's sigil mod, then things are going to have to be flexible. And with everything the higherups saw with community response from taking servers down,which were damn near empty most of the time, (napalm, GG, top ten escape etc) no one feels like wasting time on stuff most people decry as useless or not what you want. If you all cannot come to agreements on adjusting the servers we have and playing on them, then why should any additional servers open that you also cannot agree on.

Without severely compromising the dedi's (or just lagging out the most popular servers to make more space(a non option), and we cannot easily trim servers from our already pruned list, we are limited on what we can expand into. We as a community cannot afford the third dedicated on a monthly basis, so short of cutting servers like trikz and surf (the lowest asked for servers excluding Reg CS), we dont have the headroom for another PB server.

if we do not install rally race again we may have some space, but that is a popular mod as well so again expanding isnt that easy.

no offense but PB servers just arent there as the next thing to try, so many of you spoke highly of mnote's mod, so that is next, If/when we sort that maybe another stab at pb, but I will be honest, If you all as PB players cannot agree to work out what is and isnt there, then I really dont see how any higherup is going to want to deal with the server long term.

We cant make everyone happy, and PB is one of the most divisive servers we have. no one is almost ever in agreement, and happy with how we setup pb.

• Like 5
Edited by Jager

• Content Count:  1839

god bless you Jager, finally, a post with hind AND fore sight. You're one of the only people that seems to agree with me/remember how terrible more than one JB server was. People always whined because either one was empty because they all wanted to play together (this is why i don't understand the want for another server), or because they hated a mod on one or the other servers.

Also, any of you wanting another server, would you be willing to pay for the new dedi it would require of your own accord, and pay the monthly fees yourself? I swear too many people here whine as if they pay the chain of command their salary. They donate their time and money to give us servers to play on for free, and all they get is bitching in return. Not a day goes by that people aren't demanding a new server, demanding a month old server that has slacked in attendance be removed to replace it with yet another fad-mod, or like this, showing utter lack of memory, forgetting how much it was demanded to be removed in the past.

Beyond my ranting, what is with this "i miss uprising so much" etc.? Maybe I didn't pay attention enough when it was up, but I never noticed a difference in the servers ever, beyond the names. Hell, half the time they were on the same map.

• Content Count:  2596

Beyond my ranting, what is with this "i miss uprising so much" etc.? Maybe I didn't pay attention enough when it was up, but I never noticed a difference in the servers ever, beyond the names. Hell, half the time they were on the same map.

THIS

Uprising and mutiny were the same thing, just different people on at different times. Im glad we have finally gotten into TF2 server, and we are trying new things, yeah PB is always full, if you dont wanna wait to join, pay for a slot! And if enough people pay for a slot, maybe we could have enough for another dedi, etc.

• Content Count:  4550

One thing that has definately refreshed my memory back to when we had two pb's is that if both were empty or fairly empty, people wouldn't know which one to join. If one was full, it would just steal players from the other when a slot opened up. It's always the same. Two minigames - 1 was always fuller than the other and so stole players from the other. Two escapes - the 2nd escape was always just empty. Honestly 1 server thats always full will keep people wanting to join it rather than seeing two and not joining either. Not to mention like I said to Jacen, AO's+ are just sick of all the poitnless pb 'another rule you should add' threads and the multiplying pb complaints that arise from it.

• Like 1

• Content Count:  11725

I would made a new generation of PB server.

Maybe Prison break escape maps.

Simply put,

The T's must get out of the prison and survive and or find hidden guns and rebel to survive.

A mix of traps,PB and escape.

Sounds like a good idea to me, but just letting that out.

Reply to Thread