? servers

? players online

Building a Company, need help.

• Content Count:  2180

If you get legitimate business papers n shit i think game devs will send you their discs for reviewing

only if you are big time though.

but i dunno exactly, anyone wanna correct me?

• Content Count:  2417

If you get legitimate business papers n shit i think game devs will send you their discs for reviewing

only if you are big time though.

but i dunno exactly, anyone wanna correct me?

I think Game Devs can send you games whenever they want as long as they think it would help them some way.

• Content Count:  8756

You've explained the basis of the site but a few things you are still not elaborating on:

• What do you need people for? What will their roles specifically be?
    They will be the site team; although I have "some" people for it, plenty is great. Many jobs will include administrative duties, to the trusted ones, moderation of the site and forums, and a majority of them, if they'd like, will be official game reviewers, who will actually be the ones writing their reviews, getting them through the submission process, and be inputted directly onto the site. That role is the most important, in my opinion.
  • If there are customers, what are you selling? Are you selling the information or are you just listing those who come to the site as customers?
    Sorry, misinterpretation by myself. By customers, I really meant visitors. We will not be selling any product on our site. (For the first while; if people want merchandise, or used games for money or something, we might oblige.)
  • Where do you plan on getting all of the info from? Will you need people who do the reviews and walkthroughs or do you already have people for that?
    As above stated, I do have a few people, but they are for the most part inactive. I will need people to help review games. If anyone in SG is interested, you can obviously contact me for more details.
  • Will you be reviewing games for all systems, or specifically a few (Like maybe only the newest systems + pc)
    We will be focusing on the "main" consoles, which include: PC, XBOX360, Wii, PS3; we will also be doing some other consoles, such as: PS2, DS, PSP, and possibly iPhone/iTouch/mobile games.

Also was wondering about the age this will be aimed towards, the actually average age of a gamer is roughly 33 (Source: http://www.gamasutra.com/php-bin/news_index.php?story=9342), so you'll be aiming at more or less the minority of gamers. Did you do this purposely or did you just not know (big difference design wise when you are trying to appeal to the different age groups).

You make an excellent point. I previously believe that the majority of gamers were in their late teens; oh boy, how I was wrong. Thank you so much for pointing this out. And yes, it does make a big difference. And I realize that I should have researched the target audience a bit more; this is my mistake.

And thank you jacen, I might take you up on that offer.

Reply to Thread