? servers

? players online

Does Spelling Matter?!?

• Content Count:  1057

I dunno bout you guys, but some people really care bout spelling shit correctly on the internet all the time.. post whether you think you should spell correctly all the time or type the way you want.. =)

• Content Count:  4799

If people don't use proper grammar, then its really hard to take them seriously.

Internet or not, I think everyone should have some respect for the English language. I used to use bad grammar, puting lol in every 2 sentences and basically ignoring all the rules of English grammar. Now that I look back to it , It's really stupid.

Edited by SilentGuns

• Content Count:  2666

Spell check. Hard not to look like a retard when the internet tells you where you misspell words, and you misspell them anyway.

EDIT: Watches the next 10 posts of either users proof reading their posts 90 times before saving, or users intentionally misspell words.

• Content Count:  426

i think people should at least use some basic types of correct grammar. i hate when people don't separate their sentences with periods, or use commas.

i'm not the the best with grammar, but i think people should try to at least put some effort into it.

i hate when people spell words terribly wrong.

• Content Count:  2686

It's fucking annoying to read posts with bad grammar, no punctuation,capital letters or with a shitload of abbreviations such as "r u srs". I mean, how hard can it be to type it correctly, English isn't even my mother tongue but I still manage to express my ideas properly(inb4 eldest's gibberish on vent :d). Like Hamster said, just put some effort in to it please, it doesn't have to be 100% correct, but it would be nice if you atleast tried :).

• Content Count:  2661

grammar.jpg

I can forgive people from spelling most words wrong, but the above chart is unforgivable. Everyday I am amazed when I see college aged 20-somethings who have no idea the difference between "your" and "you're".

also

"ALOT" IS NOT A WORD. IT IS 2 WORDS. YOU WOULD NOT SAY "ALITTLE"

• Like 6

• Content Count:  930

I try speak as proper as I can on the internet, not so much on IM clients because it's not going to be stored on a public website (for all I know) so I want people to understand me.

• Content Count:  2115

You can't be taken serious if you can't even learn correct spelling, definitions, punctuations and capitalization. You learn that in fucking first/second grade, and if you use the language capabilties of a first or second grader, people will only take you as serious as a first or second grader, and I don't know about you guys, but I don't take them serious whatsoever.

Reply to Thread