? servers

? players online

do yall think aliens are real? or fake?

• Content Count:  366

I believe theres something else out there whther or not they've visited us is another question. But like most other people are saying crop circles are man made and aren't that hard to do from what i've seen.

• Content Count:  3440

http://imagine.gsfc.nasa.gov/docs/features/exhibit/map_shape.html

http://map.gsfc.nasa.gov/m_uni/uni_101shape.html

Scientists are very certain now that the geometry of the universe is euclidean and that the universe is flat. Not only does this debunk Einsteins theories of gravity, but it also proves that the universe is spacial infinite.

If space is infinite, then you can postulate that there are an infinite amount of planets, thus there are an infinite amount of civilizations on some of those planets. Utilizing the theories of infinity, our of the infinite number of civilizations possible, there is one that is exactly the same as the one you are experiencing right now. Hence an alternate reality. We are our own aliens.

If there are an infinite number of planets and only a finite number are inhabited ... Then... Any infinite number divided by a finite number is too small to be counted therefore the population of the universe could be said to be ZERO. Therefore you don't exist and neither do I.

• Content Count:  2678

If there are an infinite number of planets and only a finite number are inhabited ... Then... Any infinite number divided by a finite number is too small to be counted therefore the population of the universe could be said to be ZERO. Therefore you don't exist and neither do I.

i totaly understand that

• Content Count:  1755

First off, 'alien' is the word for someone foreign, not necessarily green men. (Eg, on an old passport I found of an immigrant it said "ALIEN" inside.)

Crop circles I think are just publicity stunts, as they're funnily enough never the same.

Dark matter is the outside of the universe and dark energy is the force that expands the universe. Currently dark energy is progressively stronger, so that suggests that the universe is absolutely incomprehensibly huge. The chance that we are the only intelligent life form in the universe is rediculously low.

Also, the whole Area 51 thing I've concluded is just a conspiracy. Think about it logically, the US government needs somewhere to hide or develop super-sonic aircraft, weaponry/whatever, so what to do they do? Develop a decoy and send out theories. I'd post some Google Earth images of suspicious areas in White Sands Missile Range but they'd be too big.

P.S. There's a sum somewhere about the amount of stars in our solar system and planets, to calculate the probability of another life form, I can't remember.

P.P.S. Google/Search on Google Earth 'Porton Down'. It's a place in England that is a very heavily defended laboratory that there are numerous theories about. There have been trials and allegations of testing effects of anthrax and smallpox on lowly military privates.

Yeah, well we don't feel like typing extraterrestrial lifeforms every time so we just say aliens for short. Ima sure you are know what slang is correct? lol And yeah you are right aboot Area 51, yeah they did tests there for planes and stuff but I really doubt they would have aliens there. There are more remote and less exposed areas then that. Like inside a mountain or states like Montana or the Dakotas where there is very small population and lots of forests. You hear and see many things that our government has so super advanced technology or something but its hard to prove or disprove.

When we mention life in another galaxy or something that doesn't mean they have to be highly sophisticated or extremely advanced. It could be single cell organisms just started to evolve or some very primitive life just starting out.

• Content Count:  331

sorry to break it to ya guys, but the universe is not "infinitely large," it is just very large. As for aliens, no. Any race sufficiently advanced enough to get here would not communicate via corn. In addition, considering our speed of advancement, and the age of the universe, some race should already have contacted us or else all other alien life is basically cells or plants.

When you can get to end of the universe, tell me. I'd love to throw eggs at the giant wall that ends all of reality with you. As for aliens, or extraterrestrials as the kids call them, how can you say there is no chance of intelligent life JUST because they have not contacted us? For all we know, the human race is the most underdeveloped species in the universe, but maybe we are the most developed. Think of the theory, no, the idea of isolationism. Don't you think its possible that other life forms in the universe would rather not get involved with Earth? If they even saw one hour of the History channels special on World War 2 it would put up a big "STAY AWAY" Sign over Earth. When you think about it, humans are the most violent and disgusting species known on Earth. We kill for fun, eat when we aren't hungry, we fight with each other, we wage WARS against our fellow man, we isolate ourselves from others because of minuscule differences such as skin color and nationality. WHAT IS NATIONALITY? Its where you come from right? So, wouldn't every human beings nationality be "Earthikan" or some random word with the prefix "Earth" in it? Oh no, its "American", "Chinese", "English", "Italian", etc... I'm simply ranting now, so I'll sum it up.

Aliens from Space = Real

Universe = infinitely large

Me = a ranting lunatic

:(

:)

:(

:)

:d

:(|

• Content Count:  1938

You must of misunderstood. Lets make an example. There are an infinite amount of numbers on the number line correct? Lets just use real whole numbers in this case. Now lets say that every number is a planet, and any number ending with a 0 has a civilization on it. Since there are an infinite amount of numbers, there is an infinite amount that have a 0 as well. This can be applied to our universe.

Since there are an infinite amount of civilizations, there are always possibilities that there will be ones that ended up exactly as the one we are in right now. Now this is only true if the universe can be proven to be completely flat. A flat plane stretches on infinity. If the universe were curved or round, there would be instances where the spacial and time continuum overlapped creating a finite universe or quasi-finite depending on certain situations. As stated this is only true if the universe is flat, which previous studies have shown to be true, especially now with the data from the WMAP probe, which has a margin of error of 1%.

I am unsure about "aliens" creating these crop circles. I would expect that if a civilization advanced far enough could contact us, they would do it using other medians. For starters, they would most likely be in the "freefall" stage of their bodily development. That is the stage from which your body and mind interact while living in near zero-g. If they were any further than that stage, then I'm sure that they would contact through psychological or even atomic channels if they are that developed. lol nvm, if they attained atomic consciousness then there would be no need to contact us, they would be us

: D. Don't mind me I just diverged a bit.

• Content Count:  602

This thread has brought out all the crazies. I will say this one last time. If the Universe is over 15 billion years old, current analysis postulates life-capable planets in the last 10 billion years at least. That means that if the universe is "infinitely large," somewhere some species much slower than us have evolved and in other places species much smarter have evolved.

Any race sufficiently advanced will explore space. Any species that advanced will then realize the only way to explore in this relativistic universe is via a Von Neuman device. A device that replicates itself as it explores. It would take a mere millions of years to explore a whole galaxy. With intergalactic drives, it would take mere hundreds of millions to explore very far. That considered, any race intelligent enough to travel in space and that has existed for billions of years (considering the size of the universe), would have already explored a lot of it. Chances are, their probes would be floating through here already.

If there is infinite space, there is possibility for many intelligent, space-faring species. That would mean one of them would have already come here. Since no one has come here, by logic, there is no intelligent alien life. Any unicellular creatures have had so long to evolve, they probably never will. That means no aliens, at least none worth caring about...

• Content Count:  331

Humans are intelligent, but we have yet to explore any planet thoroughly besides our own moon. So isn't possible that if there are aliens(which I believe there are), that they have not yet invented the technology to explore that deep into space. Human beings have yet to explore our own Galaxy, and we have been around for a very long time. So please, just consider my theory, that Other intelligent life in the universe has yet to reach the technological breakthroughs that would allow them to reach us themselves.

Even if they have the technology, the Earth does not look unique, it is a planet, to any other intelligent life, we may just be another empty planet, could a probe sent by aliens not have landed in a desert? Or in a barren wasteland void of human, or animal life? If so, the aliens would assume there is not life on the planet and keep exploring, but it is possible that they would make contact and search the planet. Humans have yet to explore much of mars, we have sent "probes" and we saw nothing but wasteland, but isn't part of Nevada wasteland?

Just saying, until every square inch of surface area, and interior is searched, there is no way to be 100% sure a planet is void of life.

I feel very strongly about this subject, if any of you are wondering why I keep responding to this thread with such long, rambling tales of alien beliefs and theory.

Reply to Thread