? servers

? players online

God VS. Devil, Good VS. Evil.

• Content Count:  4960

Yes

Yes

Yes

Having been a Catholic all the way to today I've always been paranoid of demons, afraid of God, and think the topic of the devil has made people paranoid. Just don't expect to get serious answers from this community. People like me are proud Catholics.... but we also hate when our religion is brought up or shoved down peoples throats and minds. I think a couple crusades have been enough :thumb:

[Ellie challenges Palmer to prove the existence of God]

Palmer Joss: Did you love your father?

Ellie Arroway: What?

Palmer Joss: Your dad. Did you love him?

Ellie Arroway: Yes, very much.

Palmer Joss: Prove it.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0118884/

Good movie, always had it on my ipod :p

• Content Count:  1765

Do you believe in demons?

Nope

Do you believe in Angels/Good/God?

Nope, yea, nope

Do you think the (devil,demons) have a bigger impact on people than church,praying etc?

Nope

• Content Count:  1938

No that wouldn't happen if you have the smallest sliver of doubt in your mind it wont happen. Everything could just be something you made up, except you wont give your self the advantage because that would ruin the illusion you have made.

What is a person if not a pattern of electrical currents. The "I" that you believe to be real is just a byproduct of interconnecting neurons. If your neurons where to be rerouted you would become a completely different person. The "I" is subject to its material bindings, in other words the "I" only comes into existence because of neuron arrangements and the activity between them. The "I" does not create the "I". The "I" can not change the "I".

The "I" is irrevelent and subject to its environment and should not be of concern. What one must do is destroy the "I" in order to be closer to what you truly are; waves/particles. Once you come to grips with being a collection of waves/particles you can then break the boundary of the human body and the constricting thought of the "Self" or "I".

In other words, screw Descartes.

With regards to the question in the forum.

God, Devil, Good, Evil, Demons etc are all just terms for cosmic occurrences that we can't identify yet.

Good and Evil are subjective and are thus don't exist in their on their own will.

God and Devil as well are subjective but are used often to explain physical occurrences. So I can only say that God and Devil in that sense are just cosmic physical occurrences that are operating outside of our current measures to read them.

Reply to Thread