? servers

? players online

God VS. Devil, Good VS. Evil.

• Content Count:  3697

With all due respect, please do not flame this.

As a SG member and a friend i would like good answers to my question.

My teacher the other day told me to do a little page of God vs evil stuff.

So my questions are:

Do you believe in demons?

Do you believe in Angels/Good/God?

Do you think the (devil,demons) have a bigger impact on people than church,praying etc?

If this thread is in the wrong area, move it.

Uh, Yeah I guess I believe in Demons, but I don't think they have any power in the world. Like I don't think someone can be posessed by demons, I just think they exist.

Yeah I believe in Angels/good/god, but again, I don't believe in guardian angels or anything that help out on earth.

No, I think church and praying have a bigger impact. Because I don't think devil/demons really do anything. Devil I guess has more sway just because people naturally tend to that side, but I give that more to humans thatn the devil :p

• Content Count:  1120

With all due respect, please do not flame this.

As a SG member and a friend i would like good answers to my question.

My teacher the other day told me to do a little page of God vs evil stuff.

Your teacher told you to do this?

I have never been a religious individual but more so a history buff. Taking a look at history, it is difficult not to be a bit skeptical or bias when considering the existence of God, demons, and angels, heaven and hell. I prefer to believe in faith.

Concerning the question, whether devils and demons have greater impact over church and praying, I say the answer is fairly obvious. The church is what invented and pushed for the modern depiction of hell, so why wouldn't one consider them to be the most influencial? It doesn't really make much sense to suggest otherwise, unless you are one of those people who believe that "devil went back in time" theory.

• Content Count:  1120

Nope, don't believe. Not saying there is no god tho since there is no way to prove that..

Then again, it is understandable to say that there is no evidence to suggest God does exist either.

• Content Count:  4198

Then again, it is understandable to say that there is no evidence to suggest God does exist either.

And that is why Agnosticism can be argued to be the most rational choice.

The problem with some religious believers is that they jam their beliefs down your throat and become overly defensive when you question them.

The problem with Atheists is that some of them are pretentious, self-righteous assholes who cannot see the hypocrisy in their criticisms of theists, as denying there is no God requires as much faith as stating there is one.

Now so people do not take offense please notice how I said some religious believers and some Atheists.

Personally I have no problem with people believing in a God and although religion has brought around a lot of pain and suffering, it has also led people to do wonderful things that can restore one's faith in humanity.

Anyway, for those of you who don't know, agnosticism is the view that attaining any sort of knowledge of a deity or God is impossible, or at least impossible at the present time. It is different to that of Atheism and Theism as it neither tries to deny the existence of God nor to accept it, it simply reserves judgement.

Edited by Huwajux
Upon reading Lux's post my first statement sounded a little preachy so I adjusted it.

• Content Count:  6712

IMO all religion does is

-waste your actual life in preparation for an eternity that does not exist.

-assure you that life doesn't end because you're scared of it doing so.

-teach you rules and morals that are outdated, and whilst these may make you a nicer person in society, it's brainwashing. If I tell people to go to a building every week and always do good for the rest of their lives and they'll receive sex for eternity and be able to dance with unicorns and pixies...does it make it right when it's all a lie?

But, that is just my opinion...whilst I don't like this concept of faith being the only thing keeping God in the debate of whether it's real or not, people make their own decisions, and everyone here by this time in their lives has already figured out their choices in life to do with religion so, leave it at what you think instead of trying to preach and convert people.....that is where the flames come in.

Disclaimer: I'm not attacking anyone's beliefs...but if you say that I'm not allowed to explain why I think religion is false, then that is attacking my belief...me stating this is the same as religious people believing in whatever they do..I believe in nothing after life...when you suggest that there is stuff after death I don't complain

• Like 1

Reply to Thread