? servers

? players online

AO abuse, no strike..

• Content Count:  1079

So, since we're all being semi-philosophical, I have some questions/comments for y'all.

We all keep complaining and bitching about the community leaders not living up to their own standards. So, why don't we do something about it? Hmm? Why do we continue to whine and blame while we sit back and do absolutely nothing? Hmm? Let's start actually submitting valid complaints and watch what happens. If the leaders can't own up to their mistakes and deny the complaint, then that'll only reveal their true colors. Honestly: whining solves nothing.

Next, why don't "the" leaders actually be leaders for once? I hear all the time about how just and fair decisions are, how decision-making is always completed objectively with a group decision. First off, neither Garfield and Daze were involved in the strike decision; what the fuck? Are they not community leaders? If the decision-making system is so thorough, so objective and fair, then why aren't you owning up to that standard? Perhaps instead of acting on quick impulse to ban someone, you should put the guy on probation until you hear input from a LARGE portion of ALL the leaders. Making a decision on short-notice within an online organization this large is poor management. If you want to actually be unbiased and objective, then start doing things the right way, not the "if you give us money, we'll let you into our clique and therefore give you absolute immunity." (

Leadership is a complex topic, but I'm sure we can all agree that, to be an effective leader, you set the expectations + rules, lead by example, and make decisions properly.

I understand that decisions will be made on a case-by-case basis; that's how it should generally be done. But allowing the leaders off the leash while "whiplashing" the "lower end of the food chain" is dishonest and pathetic.

Oh, and by the way, there is a fine line between fun and abuse. If it occurred once and had no malevolent intent, it may not necessarily be abuse. Unless, of course, it's alright to rocket players but NOT to drug players on their request. Can we please begin to define what's "fun" and "abuse" ?

---

TL/DR:

Let's stop moaning and actually do something about all the hypocrisy of the community leaders. Until then, stfu.

Community leaders: Be fucking leaders. Own up to your mistakes and take responsibility. Hiding behind the shield of other leaders (and your clique "up there") is pathetic and childish, as if you're shedding many years off your age and going back to your days before maturity.

We need to begin to define what is fun and what is abuse. Why? Because some people are let off for far worse things than others. And it's not just higher-ups; I've seen some SAs treated with more immunity than other even when the beginning circumstances were level (e.g., neither had a strike and both had integrity).

---

Edit: I'm not going to make this post longer, so I'll make it brief.

Either punish both Bay and Crimson/Obez, or revoke Bay's third strike. In this situation, it should be both punished or neither punished.

Stop playing favorites.

• Like 13
Edited by Chêvouÿx

• Content Count:  3073

And i honest to god hate any admin who uses they were doing it for the lols use that as an excuse to get themselves out of any type of punishment.

I have been an AO for over a year. In that time, i have handed strikes out for admins teleporting their friends out of the map as the last CT so they don't get killed, Noclipping themselves into the human shuttle as a zombie, Kicking other admins because their friends needed the slot, Accepting a monetary bribe to ban someone, giving away our rcon to another admin. and that is off the top of my head. Its not that we ever ask admins to not use their powers, but just use the littlest bit of common sense so that they don't have these problems in the first place.

You guys know that i am always sticking up for either my fellow player or admin, But i cannot in any way justify an admin who cannot follow the basic rules that haggard handed down.

I'll be honest, this seriously has me thinking of just walking away. I no longer feel good about half the admins in this community, especially for their attitudes that they do not have to follow the simple rules, like putting on tags to mute someone for no apparent reason, acting like disrespectful douchebags to anyone that play in our servers, and Frankly, i find myself unable to walk away. Why? because when i do, those people win.

I give too much of a shit to be able to walk away.

• Like 4

• Content Count:  11501

What I don't understand is why people who weren't even there are making such a commotion about this. From what I've seen in this thread, in this circumstance all the players in the game were having a fun time, and when bay teleported people, who were, as I recall, all admins, or mostly admins, no one objected, and they all laughed it off. From what bay said, even Crimson didn't mind- well, until after it seems. So I don't get what the big problem is. Bay teleported people, but everyone was still having fun. The gameplay was not altered for the most part, and it didn't bother anyone. Why not leave it at that?

Oh wait, some people in this community are too harsh, and use harsh punishments for the smallest of infractions. You say that the admins should be setting an example, and that is why we have to keep them to that job, but look at yourselves- by punishing admins for these types of things, you're giving our community a bad name- one that tells other gamers and communities outside of SG that we treat our admins way too strict, well at least in my opinion; and who's to say that this won't drive away potential good members and regular players?

I think that we need to all just stop for a second, sit down and think. By think, I mean think about how we treat each other, how much of an equal opportunity everyone has in the community, and how we can improve our treatment of players/admins, and dealing with situations such as these.

At this point in the community, I think that we are headed down a bad road, primarily because of the strict nature of treatment in our community overall. What we should do is re-evaluate how we deal with these types of things, so in the future no huge bouts like this one should come into play any longer. Admins, no matter what level, be it an SA or an AO, should be treated- and punished- the same, no matter what the circumstance.

In this situation, I think both should be let off the hook, because I see no real cause for alarm or foolishness. Bay was just trying to have a fun time, and Crimson was just trying to test out his powers/have some fun, whilst not affecting the majority of the gameplay.

mmm other people's copy-pasta...yum.

Seriously though, punish them both or don't punish either of them. STOP with this bias shit that has been going on.

• Content Count:  3073

So, since we're all being semi-philosophical, I have some questions/comments for y'all.

We all keep complaining and bitching about the community leaders not living up to their own standards. So, why don't we do something about it? Hmm? Why do we continue to whine and blame while we sit back and do absolutely nothing? Hmm? Let's start actually submitting valid complaints and watch what happens. If the leaders can't own up to their mistakes and deny the complaint, then that'll only reveal their true colors. Honestly: whining solves nothing.

Next, why don't "the" leaders actually be leaders for once? I hear all the time about how just and fair decisions are, how decision-making is always completed objectively with a group decision. First off, neither Garfield and Daze were involved in the strike decision; what the fuck? Are they not community leaders? If the decision-making system is so thorough, so objective and fair, then why aren't you owning up to that standard? Perhaps instead of acting on quick impulse to ban someone, you should put the guy on probation until you hear input from a LARGE portion of ALL the leaders. Making a decision on short-notice within an online organization this large is poor management. If you want to actually be unbiased and objective, then start doing things the right way, not the "if you give us money, we'll let you into our clique and therefore give you absolute immunity." (

Leadership is a complex topic, but I'm sure we can all agree that, to be an effective leader, you set the expectations + rules, lead by example, and make decisions properly.

I understand that decisions will be made on a case-by-case basis; that's how it should generally be done. But allowing the leaders off the leash while "whiplashing" the "lower end of the food chain" is dishonest and pathetic.

Oh, and by the way, there is a fine line between fun and abuse. If it occurred once and had no malevolent intent, it may not necessarily be abuse. Unless, of course, it's alright to rocket players but NOT to drug players on their request. Can we please begin to define what's "fun" and "abuse" ?

---

TL/DR:

Let's stop moaning and actually do something about all the hypocrisy of the community leaders. Until then, stfu.

Community leaders: Be fucking leaders. Own up to your mistakes and take responsibility. Hiding behind the shield of other leaders (and your clique "up there") is pathetic and childish, as if you're shedding many years off your age and going back to your days before maturity.

We need to begin to define what is fun and what is abuse. Why? Because some people are let off for far worse things than others. And it's not just higher-ups; I've seen some SAs treated with more immunity than other even when the beginning circumstances were level (e.g., neither had a strike and both had integrity).

---

Edit: I'm not going to make this post longer, so I'll make it brief.

Either punish both Bay and Crimson/Obez, or revoke Bay's third strike. In this situation, it should be both punished or neither punished.

Stop playing favorites.

Not trying to make you look like a fool, but here you go.

• Like 1

• Content Count:  6712

This has been said like 50 times and I can't remember a good answer of what is considered "having fun".

Counterstrike is about fun is it not?

Our job is partially to improve the experience people have on the server, and I would assume that most people go on the server to have.....fun.

Is doing anything to anyone when the round has ended and they have already lost/won really going to change anything? Might as well fill up that time with something.

When people request to have powers used on them......if it doesn't effect anyone in the server or the general gameplay....why not? I wouldn't blind a first/last zombie, or someone vital to the round...but someone random guy who wants it....why not?

Using tools on yourself or a friend that gives neither you or your friend an advantage isn't abuse. Some people might be disappointed that you're only doing it to yourself and your friend/s....but I wouldn't be like that (unless too many people ask and it would lead to the round messing up)..but even if some admins are they like as long as it's not an advantage, there's nothing wrong with it.

To cut this here..there is no ACTUAL definition. If you're looking for something that is black and white, you won't find it. Many things about being admin, and that which involves common sense, relies on interpretation. If an admin can't properly interpret what is ok and what isn't in relation to this topic, they should either not do it at all/not complain and stop being an arse/get some life skills.

Avro, I don't know what you think this is but, it's not moaning. What did you have in mind when you thought that people should be "doing something". Did you not think that this could be Bay Sup's attempt at doing something? Non higher ups don't have that much leverage when trying to get what they put across......but making threads like this is one of them.

Edited by Lux

• Content Count:  881

And i honest to god hate any admin who uses they were doing it for the lols use that as an excuse to get themselves out of any type of punishment.

I have been an AO for over a year. In that time, i have handed strikes out for admins teleporting their friends out of the map as the last CT so they don't get killed, Noclipping themselves into the human shuttle as a zombie, Kicking other admins because their friends needed the slot, Accepting a monetary bribe to ban someone, giving away our rcon to another admin. and that is off the top of my head. Its not that we ever ask admins to not use their powers, but just use the littlest bit of common sense so that they don't have these problems in the first place.

You guys know that i am always sticking up for either my fellow player or admin, But i cannot in any way justify an admin who cannot follow the basic rules that haggard handed down.

I'll be honest, this seriously has me thinking of just walking away. I no longer feel good about half the admins in this community, especially for their attitudes that they do not have to follow the simple rules, like putting on tags to mute someone for no apparent reason, acting like disrespectful douchebags to anyone that play in our servers, and Frankly, i find myself unable to walk away. Why? because when i do, those people win.

waited the ENTIRE thread for that, thanks. But tbh, and yes this is WAY WAY WAY off my normal track of thought about SG stuff, but i think they both should be let off the hook and a formal discussion should be done and posted by BD's AO's Ca's Legends Admins and everyone else about what is fun and what is abuse, because lets be honest some of the abuse really isnt harming the game and makes the game that much more fun

Edited by Michael Owen

• Content Count:  300

highsky im sure the community loves you and all those reasons you gave above to take away a admins privileges are legit and were the right actions. I am not saying i am any better. I may be worse or better off then them. But what makes it so different that crimson does so and gets away but i merely kill one person at the end of the round by accident, NOT intentional and it didn't effect game play or give me an advantage.

Edited by {bAy} sUP

Reply to Thread