? servers

? players online

AO abuse, no strike..

• Content Count:  1141

Shouldn't the whole thread be a poll for members in the forums? They are the ones keeping the servers alive and they are the donators. I don't think this is the right way to punish people, by choices made by higher ups. Democracy FTW! Even if every player in the game would like {bAy} sUP, he would still be striked down from admin this way.

PS. Don't flame me !

For this to be a democracy we have to be equal.

• Content Count:  6466

Jeez, read the whole thing and noticed two things:

1. Decisions which should be a communicative higher-up decision are being done within a matter of hours of the complaint to try and give 'speedy service' I guess? Shouldn't be so, it'd be nice to see a waiting period before decisions can be made. Far too often higher-ups reply to incidents with 'Sorry was at work' or 'I took a nap and this decision was already made, lul, soz' and therefore couldn't offer their opinion on it.

As someone else said, decisions on complaints (Unless obvious round-altering abuse, clear disrespect, racism, ect. ect.) shouldn't be rushed, every higher up should have their opinion voiced before a decision is made. This entire thread could have been avoided had Obez (And whoever he consulted with) made a thread in AO section, and waited for full input. Perhaps then Garfield would have voiced his opinion that both should be punished or neither, and I wouldn't have had to read a 7 page long thread filled with walls of text. Or anyone else for that matter.

2. The definition of 'fun abuse' has been stretched/distorted in so many ways it's not funny. An Admin slaps his friend, his friend falls out of his chair laughing, some guy who is playing witnesses it and complains. The Admin usually gets punished for it. No idea why.

Why is it, that a lot of the time an Admin is punished, it is for slapping his friend or teleport a friend high in the air till he dies, ect. When his friend isn't the one complaining? Why is it some random kid in the server is allowed to get an Admin in trouble for not altering gameplay when he isn't even abused? Is it really 'abuse' if the player being 'abused' enjoys it?

Should all of us get in trouble for 'disrespect' when making TCP Fat jokes, when some fat kid decides it should hurt TCP's feelings to be called fat?

If your use of Admin powers is not affecting any other player than the one you're using them on. You should not be able to be punished by a third party person.

We as a community should not be allowing third-parties to dictate what is abuse and what is fun when it comes to Admin complaints. This should go for higher ups when making a decision as well. When you are not the one having an Admin use powers on you, you should not be able to dictate how that player should feel. Simply because a player is being frozen then slapped a thousand times then unfrozen, does not always mean he's being abused.

This would not apply in cases where an Admin teleports himself or noclips himself or others in front of everyone on ZE, this would not apply to Admins who use black hole just cause 2 people asked them to, but when it comes to slapping, teleporting for fun, freezing, slaying, rocketing, no one other than the person being 'abused' should have a right to say it's abuse.

-------------------------------------

I would petition these for applied 'rules' in the CA section, however, I just now thought of it and am a lazy sonofabitch.

• Like 7

• Content Count:  3457

As someone else said, decisions on complaints (Unless obvious round-altering abuse, clear disrespect, racism, ect. ect.) shouldn't be rushed, every higher up should have their opinion voiced before a decision is made. This entire thread could have been avoided had Obez (And whoever he consulted with) made a thread in AO section, and waited for full input. Perhaps then Garfield would have voiced his opinion that both should be punished or neither, and I wouldn't have had to read a 7 page long thread filled with walls of text. Or anyone else for that matter.

To answer to this: A thread had been made, the strike was handed out 30 minutes later....

I totally agree that this strike was handed out way too soon. Not only Garf would have voiced his opinion, but also the other AO's/BD's.

• Like 3

• Content Count:  4198

Jesus Christ, I've already made my point clear in other threads similar to this one. If the apparent 'abuse' causes no advantage/disadvantage disparity, is well-intentioned and the individuals involved all consent, who gives a flying fuck?

Other than that, I feel that a proportion of this entire clusterfuck of a 'debate' is partly down to poor organisation. Without being critical of the higher ups, and putting the 'bias' argument aside, if decisions weren't carried out in such a careless manner then this thread wouldn't even exist. With this being taken into account, an official response has (finally) been given by the higher ups who now aim to address the issue.

Anyway, I'm just repeating what has already been said either by myself in previous threads, or by other people in this one. I look forward to hearing what the plan of action is and hopefully it should end this ongoing drama.

• Like 3

• Content Count:  4550

Man I love reading the same stuff being said page after page. Like Jaffa and Kennith said, it's nice of you portray the higher ups as being corrupt with those links you posted.

Kennith slayed people at the very end of the map. - Shit complaint.

Paul if I remember correctly did votes and the majority wanted the low grav and it was for one round. He rocketed someone who wanted to be rocketed I think, so if you compare this to what you would want to happen to Crimson for him rocketing, then its all for fun, as you like to put it so many times. And no, I did not use rcon so that complaint is not even valid for me.

The TCP complaint is the only one not justifiable, but it worked out fine in the end.

I mean, does common sense not apply here? If you're gona use your fun player management to alter the outcome of people who do not wish to be abused, e.g. doing an ma_ #all command, then surely they have the right to complain since they are directly affected and did not wish for it to happen. I agree with what Xeno said. The people being abused should be the people who make the complaints, unless it's things like racism or mic spam, etc.

And just in my opinion, if you use your powers to alter the gameplay in any way of all the players, you alone hold the responsibility and the susceptibility of receiving a strike. The rules are there for a reason. To drug an entire server when some didn't want it is your decision. You face the consequences if a complaint arises.

:rolleyes:

• Like 3

• Content Count:  2390

Nice list, pity you are missing all the AOs/ex-AOs who had their powers removed, or were banned from the community. Also, your list seems to be a bit odd, can't really compare admins who have been punished with AOs who haven't. Surely you should compare admins who have been punished with AOs who have been punished, or Admins who haven't been punished with AOs who haven't?

Incidently, a lot of punishment/warnings/complaints regarding AOs is handled appropiatly using PMs, or privatly in restricted forum sections, which is why there is a lack of other examples for you to call upon.

The point of my post was to show times where lower admins were punished for the same things(or less severe things) that higher up admins did not get punished for. No I was not 100% accurate, that's why I had the links posted as well.

Like I said in my post I wasn't agreeing or disagreeing with the verdicts given, I was just showing them.

And why do you guys feel the need to hide complaints to AOs plus, maybe if the public could see all of them their opinions would change.

Man typing on an iPod is tough.

• Content Count:  641

[sARCASM] I like walls of text [/sARCASM]

So all i'm reading is that this is just an argument about having fun and abusing. Personally, I feel bay sup has been a great player, and Crimson/Obez (Crimbez) has been an asset to this community. They both should not be punished, considering they only wanted to have fun.

WHY CAN'T ADMINS HAVE FUN FOR 2 MINUTES? Why must we always be strict and boring? Is it such a catastrophe to slap a friend once or twice?

I don't want to make a wall-o-text so i'm simply stating that an admin should be able to have a little bit of fun without the whole server SCREAMING "Aboose, Aboose!".

Reply to Thread