? servers

? players online

Video game addiction.

• Content Count:  1950

/ranton

Fuck to the no. Bad parenting makes kids dangerous. I cannot count how many kids I know, including myself, that have been playing extremely violent video games(as in M shit your brix nao video games) since elementary school and are completely normal, if not even doing better currently then many sports players/fans. Im fairly certain there is currently more crime going on in the ghetto, where kids have never even seen a PS3 or owned a computer better than Windows 98, then there is at my nice little suburban area. So, as I said in my last post regarding video game addiction... Unless someone presents cold hard evidence(again, NOT STUDIES. Studies do not mean SHIT.) then I'm not buying any of it.

An increase in crime and kids freaking the fuck out and going batshit crazy in school should be linked to parents not being able to give their kids a good smack in public anymore. As the generations progress every new set of parents punishes their kids less and less(in the sense of weakening punishment. We went from a good whack on the ass with a plank as the norm to even a small slap will land you in jail). Now, my parents didn't bend me over and hit me with a stick or anything, but when I did something ridiculously stupid or dangerous I got a nice smack(if we weren't in public that is). And guess what? I NEVER DID IT AGAIN. Its such a simple concept, as an early brain progresses if you teach them doing something bad makes even badder shit happen they won't do it. Now, lets compare it to modern punishment... Timeout? Lolwhat? Cool, I get to chill here for 10 minutes. In School Suspension? EVEN BETTER. I get to chillax a whole freaking day not doing any school work while I listen to my iPod and text friends. Out of school suspension? kick ass. Don't have to go to school for months, how sweet is that. All these new punishments are based on the assumption children are going to automatically think its some crappy hell to be put through when its not. ISS and OSS? What the fuck ever. In ISS you get to just sit there instead of doing work... The thought that they'd have more work to do when they returned would be based on the fact that that child actually cares about school, which most kids don't. OSS is based on the thought that the parent would punish their kids at home.. Which is wrooooooong. Hardly any OSS'd child's parents actually care enough to make a severe punishment longer than a few weeks.

Taking away technology(lol, our parents and everyone before them could live without it, so what the hell makes them think we can't?), putting them in the corner, not making them do all work... none of them are effective. Punishment like a smack or spanking, or being kicked out of the house for a night or two is what makes kids get the hell in line and stay there.

I don't know ever since I played GTA my crime rate has increased greatly. I now steal cars and kill people often. Also when I played super mario, the number of pipes I jumped down and dragons that I have killed have greatly increased. I blame this all on video games.

• Content Count:  1078

I don't know ever since I played GTA my crime rate has increased greatly. I now steal cars and kill people often. Also when I played super mario, the number of pipes I jumped down and dragons that I have killed have greatly increased. I blame this all on video games.

IKNORIGHT? Ever since I started playing WoW i've felt the unresistable urge to roflstomp gnomes and mounts them on my horns. Also, I blame my obsession with building duct taped bombs on css.

• Content Count:  1950

IKNORIGHT? Ever since I started playing WoW i've felt the unresistable urge to roflstomp gnomes and mounts them on my horns. Also, I blame my obsession with building duct taped bombs on css.

Right I also blame CSS for my constant usage of running with a knife around my house. If I accidentally stab someone I will just blame it on video games and then it won't be my fault anymore!

Reply to Thread