? servers

? players online

sins of a solar empire

• Content Count:  670

Just because they use spears doesn't mean they have no knowledge of modern hardware or tactics. You seem really dedicated to your anti-spearman cause but I'm sure I could find a real life case where a tank was destroyed without any weapons at all that would account for the spearman's one-in-a-million victory :p

Or maybe not one-in-a-million, since the spearman getting a bunch of first strikes implies that they were in an advantageous position to begin with, probably ambushing the tanks.

But I think we're missing the biggest point here: it's a game, get over it! :p

Edited by Captain Colon

I'm pretty sure you losing a battle you had a low probability of losing doesn't mean that the system is entirely or even largely luck-based.

You could probably look up how battle results are calculated and see just how little the random number actually matters except in extreme cases.

• Content Count:  4473

It matters most when you have two evenly matched opponents. When skill doesn't matter and it is up to luck, it just sucks because in real-time you could probably find a way to defeat them outright whereas by luck, you would lose.

It matters most when you have two evenly matched opponents. When skill doesn't matter and it is up to luck, it just sucks because in real-time you could probably find a way to defeat them outright whereas by luck, you would lose.

That's when you use STRATEGY to find a weakness you can exploit. It's a strategy game, not a combat tactics game. A strategy encompasses every aspect of your play, whereas there are tactics are used to overcome specific situations in combat (for instance, running over riflemen with a tank in C&C is a tactic with a high rate of success that will end up with far less losses on your end than attacking them with infantry or light vehicles). In civilization it's about diversifying (or specializing) your army so that you have the greatest chance of success against your opponent. Strategy (I don't wanna say "skill") is far more important than it is in any real-time game, because a real-time game by its nature can't afford to be slowed down by the amount of depth that can be easily added to a turn-based game.

Edited by Captain Colon

Umm...Civilization is about luckily taking out the enemy based on the seed. There is no other way to go about it. I could surround the spearman with tanks and he could still do a lot of damage to all of them. This aspect is stupid because the system relies on luck. I can easily do the economy thing for civilization because it is not hard...barely even strategic. the same goes for the tech tree. All Civilizations is is a giant board game against a computer.

Umm...Civilization is about luckily taking out the enemy based on the seed. There is no other way to go about it. I could surround the spearman with tanks and he could still do a lot of damage to all of them.

That's honestly got to be the dumbest description of the game that I've ever heard, I really don't even know how to reply to it so I guess let's go back to talking about Sins.

All Civilizations is is a giant board game against a computer.

Play against people then, tard. :p

Then its a board game against people...

It is basically rolling dice the whole time except you get to choose technologies that will determine when and how you throw the dice. It is strategic in a sense, but not enough for my tastes.

No more arguing if it is good or not, just I do not think it is that great.

Edited by Italian Jew

• Content Count:  1938

*RAMBLE RAMBLE RAMBLE*

I just got Sins of a Solar Empire last night, and its fuckin sweet. Some how it reminds me of Tiberium Wars, I think because of the style of graphics and textures. Also the zooming levels bring a neat flare to the game.

I just started up a large map : D

Advent ftw, go religious nuts with lazzzerz

Reply to Thread