? servers

? players online

Donations

• Content Count:  1484

Hi, just my 2 cents.

We will not be able to keep on going like this much longer.

Look at the donations tab, it's getting more difficult every month to reach our donation goal.

I do think something should change.

Donating needs to be stimulated even more.

Monthly donations is still the best way to reach our goal, in my opinion.

Now when you donate you receive your supporter benefits for life, those people will most likely not donate again.

The old system was pretty straightforward.

You buy supporter, try it a month, if you like it you buy supporter for another month, and so forth untill you don't feel like donating anymore.

Also a system on the forum, credits, that you can spend on additional features on the forum and in-game could boost donating.

But there are problems.

Those that donated already, they donated expecting supporter for life.

How would you deal with them?

Perhaps different types of supporter, as in packages?

And which features could you put behind that credit system?

Obviously normal members can't lose basic forum features, it's not ALL about the money.

It would be very complicated to set up a system like this, but I'm just giving some suggestions as I feel we will lose servers soon if we keep on going like this.

This is just a suggestion that came into my mind, feel free to share your thoughts.

I don't think anything will change with this thread, I do like to know how other people think about this matter.

• Like 6
Edited by P3rg3

• Content Count:  3440

A part of the reason the old system went away is that: Quite bluntly it was a pain in the ass to manage. Paypal accounts aren't very easy to link to steam id's, etc. Too much paperwork. I like the concept it just would become more work than is needed.

• Content Count:  1563

Perge is right. If it goes on like this, the community is doomed.

Credits for example on the reg server would be nice.

Or simply cut into the server(s) (slots).

eg:

banner_560x95.png?random=313712

banner_560x95.png?random=803885

• Content Count:  2043

Well, the thing is:

Even if I could donate, the only reason I would do that would be to support SG. The slots, the skins and other benefits just don't feel special.

hai

A part of the reason the old system went away is that: Quite bluntly it was a pain in the ass to manage. Paypal accounts aren't very easy to link to steam id's, etc. Too much paperwork. I like the concept it just would become more work than is needed.

True, it would be a lot of work.

That is the downside, but I do think we need to keep this community going, it might take some effort.

However creating such a system might be impossible.

As I said, just a suggestion, maybe there are easier ways.

Well, the thing is:

Even if I could donate, the only reason I would do that would be to support SG. The slots, the skins and other benefits just don't feel special.

hai

That's your opinion of course, but other people donate to get in a server without waiting, other people want a nice skin to play with, it's different for everybody.

• Content Count:  4960

Problem for youngsters like me, is that i don't have a paycheck every month, since i'm at school.

I really want to donate, but arranging money sent from my bank to paypal and then donating to SG takes atleast 3 to 5 workdays.

Grtz and good luck, yes we need a new system, but not at the cost of the fun.

Monthly support for non-admins you mean, or admins too?

Because i believe admins already donate.

(Maybe 5$ a month for supporter? Just stop giving the option for 20$= life supporter

Maybe first announce this and many ppl will buy supporter really fast because they would have to pay monthly for supporter. Extra options for supporter could be making the money worth more. I mean with that:

-Extra forum options

-Ingame extra's

-Maybe admin skins for ppl who pay much (i doubt admins having problems with that, altough they could take advantage to impersonate or whatever.)

Many ideas must follow ^^

EDIT: Seeing the costs for this month, i believe i will donate 20$ again this month, because otherwise things would be cut into :'(

EDIT: I'm against the old system with monthly paying

Edited by Zaraki

Problem for youngsters like me, is that i don't have a paycheck every month, since i'm at school.

I really want to donate, but arranging money sent from my bank to paypal and then donating to SG takes atleast 3 to 5 workdays.

Grtz and good luck, yes we need a new system, but not at the cost of the fun.

Monthly support for non-admins you mean, or admins too?

Because i believe admins already donate.

(Maybe 5$ a month for supporter? Just stop giving the option for 20$= life supporter

Maybe first announce this and many ppl will buy supporter really fast because they would have to pay monthly for supporter. Extra options for supporter could be making the money worth more. I mean with that:

-Extra forum options

-Ingame extra's

-Maybe admin skins for ppl who pay much (i doubt admins having problems with that, altough they could take advantage to impersonate or whatever.)

Many ideas must follow ^^

EDIT: Seeing the costs for this month, i believe i will donate 20$ again this month, because otherwise things would be cut into :'(

Indeed Zaraki, that's why we could perhaps offer different packages, or give certain privileges for people that donate just once.

If we would offer different packages, we would have something to offer for pretty much everyone.

Those changes would boost the donations and we would all be able to enjoy the servers, which is the goal, of course.

• Content Count:  4360

If we could somehow get SG into google checkout that would be awesome. Yeah packages need to be made like $20 = 6 months and forum things and than like $50 is 1 year and if you donate over $100 accumulative its lifetime.

• Content Count:  4360

Basically all you said was same system with admin but you have to pay again. Donations will come in, I just have to put some cash on my debit card. I like this system better.

Reply to Thread