? servers

? players online

Donations

• Content Count:  2206

Those things are always possible, but would take alot of time to deal with them all :blink1:

So SG needs to find some new strategy to make money out of services or extras...

We need more responds to this and find out what other people think about it.

Well if we've already done it before why not take the time to do it again. Keeping things updated makes the community look more professional and on top of things.

• Content Count:  1765

I don't see what's wrong with the system we currently have. I think lifetime supporter status for $20 is a bargain if you really think about it.

The only change I would make and I don't know the history about all this as I haven't been here for that long, but I would make it so to apply for the apprentice program, you must be a supporter. I think that you would see the increase in donations that way.

I guess supporter packages could work. But for most people a $20 donation is a lot of money... how many people are honestly gonna donate $40 for a few extra perks? I probably wouldn't have. Maybe adding perks to the supporter status may help, maybe that's worth a try.

If you enjoy the servers, if you enjoy the community, that should make you want to donate as is. Even if it's only $1 a month.

I decided to donate, not for the perks of supporter, but because I truly enjoy the community and the servers we play on and want it all to stick around.

But I am in favor for whatever will help getting people to help donate. Whether that means more perks or whatever.

• Content Count:  4960

I don't see what's wrong with the system we currently have. I think lifetime supporter status for $20 is a bargain if you really think about it.

The only change I would make and I don't know the history about all this as I haven't been here for that long, but I would make it so to apply for the apprentice program, you must be a supporter. I think that you would see the increase in donations that way.

I guess supporter packages could work. But for most people a $20 donation is a lot of money... how many people are honestly gonna donate $40 for a few extra perks? I probably wouldn't have. Maybe adding perks to the supporter status may help, maybe that's worth a try.

If you enjoy the servers, if you enjoy the community, that should make you want to donate as is. Even if it's only $1 a month.

I decided to donate, not for the perks of supporter, but because I truly enjoy the community and the servers we play on and want it all to stick around.

But I am in favor for whatever will help getting people to help donate. Whether that means more perks or whatever.

That refers to the old system again "Supporter first, then admin"

Who said you have to pay 40$ at once?

And giving more perks is interesting for a Supporter UPGRADE PACK

Normal Sup

Advanced Sup

Premium Sup

That's how i feel about it, but i know it's a lot of money, but you can pay in parts fcourse :blink1:

• Content Count:  11723

Delete please

You know they wont.

Keep thinking guys.

$10- skins/slots/tagline/userbar/more sig space

$20- skins/slots/tagline/userbar/more sig space

$40- skins/slots/tagline/userbar/more sig space/ user profile blog?

for a user profile blog maybe a upgraded version where it looks better and we are able to show off our own uploaded movies etc

$50- skins/slots/tagline/userbar/more sig space/ user profile blog/ Custom skin that you pick.

Ever since Ngo left, donations dropped. Look at the history. Ngo donates at least 100 a month starting September, except for January.

http://www.steam-gamers.net/donationarc.php

He has donated a total of $1,000.

http://www.steam-gamers.net/topdonaters.php

Yes, that is a great idea. I have played Mabiniogi a while ago, what I have noticed is that they also tell you to pay IN GAME. I say put ads in the maps we make. We can have a contest in the arts and craft section. Yes, I know there is already that green text in the bottom left in game, but what are the chances that they will see that? I have only noticed it once or twice.

We have SG banners on the server maps, so same can work for ads

Today at school ill make a detailed pack list and also a Photoshop of a userblog or something

Edited by Metal

• Content Count:  1465

I like this idea. It would give SG-A's the ability to join full servers, giving them more of an advantage.

That refers to the old system again "Supporter first, then admin"

Who said you have to pay 40$ at once?

And giving more perks is interesting for a Supporter UPGRADE PACK

Normal Sup

Advanced Sup

Premium Sup

That's how i feel about it, but i know it's a lot of money, but you can pay in parts fcourse :blink1:

This with...

Keep thinking guys.

$10- skins/slots/tagline/userbar/more sig space

$20- skins/slots/tagline/userbar/more sig space

$40- skins/slots/tagline/userbar/more sig space/ user profile blog?

for a user profile blog maybe a upgraded version where it looks better and we are able to show off our own uploaded movies etc

$50- skins/slots/tagline/userbar/more sig space/ user profile blog/ Custom skin that you pick.

We have SG banners on the server maps, so same can work for ads

That, but look at $10 and $20, there is no difference.

I have never noticed them, which means there is something wrong. I noticed Paul's when you are picking a team or in spawn, but no one pays attention to that. Try putting it on the wall where the player will see it while playing and have time to read it.

For example:

When you are dead, what are the chances that, the person will go to spawn and checkout what the writing says. They might notice it while they are playing if it catches their eye (stands out.)

In Paul's XIVZ map the wall is gray, and the credits are on a black wall. Again, not standing out.

In one of his recent maps, his credits are on the floor. Yes it stands out and looks nice, but it is not where most of the players will be able to see it.

In Paul's smash maps, his credits are far away from where the players are and impossible to read.

Not saying big is good. In the lego JB map, there is a big sign that says something that I completely forgot and I just played on that server.

A good example of something that might work is in spirals obstacle course. He has a huge parts of the wall that is empty.

Another is in paranoid where there is empty space where the zombie is spawned.

Another good idea would be to put it in the cells and armory in the JB maps. They would definitely notice that.

EDIT: God dammit I double posted on the same thread! :doh:

Edited by Movement

• Content Count:  11723

I like this idea. It would give SG-A's the ability to join full servers, giving them more of an advantage.

This with...

That, but look at $10 and $20, there is no difference.

I have never noticed them, which means there is something wrong. I noticed Paul's when you are picking a team or in spawn, but no one pays attention to that. Try putting it on the wall where the player will see it while playing and have time to read it.

For example:

When you are dead, what are the chances that, the person will go to spawn and checkout what the writing says. They might notice it while they are playing if it catches their eye (stands out.)

In Paul's XIVZ map the wall is gray, and the credits are on a black wall. Again, not standing out.

In one of his recent maps, his credits are on the floor. Yes it stands out and looks nice, but it is not where most of the players will be able to see it.

In Paul's smash maps, his credits are far away from where the players are and impossible to read.

Not saying big is good. In the lego JB map, there is a big sign that says something that I completely forgot and I just played on that server.

A good example of something that might work is in spirals obstacle course. He has a huge parts of the wall that is empty.

Another is in paranoid where there is empty space where the zombie is spawned.

Another good idea would be to put it in the cells and armory in the JB maps. They would definitely notice that.

EDIT: God dammit I double posted on the same thread! :doh:

"That, but look at $10 and $20, there is no difference."

Thing is, for the cancer relay my island is having you can donate 100 bucks for a nice pair of shoes or donate 200 bucks for a nice pair of shoes.

Its the feeling of giving more and that you are helping "someone" or in this case a "community".

• Content Count:  1465

"That, but look at $10 and $20, there is no difference."

Thing is, for the cancer relay my island is having you can donate 100 bucks for a nice pair of shoes or donate 200 bucks for a nice pair of shoes.

Its the feeling of giving more and that you are helping "someone" or in this case a "community".

Is it a nicer pair of shoes?

Reply to Thread