? servers

? players online

Servers

• Content Count:  2001

I know how people donate money and stuff but why? do you have a monthly payment or something idk i just wanted to know

and have u guys heard about the new cod its cod black ops

• Content Count:  1950

I know how people donate money and stuff but why? do you have a monthly payment or something idk i just wanted to know

Not fully sure what you are asking but I hope I answer it.

In order to keep the servers running you need money and here at SG they need $600 a month to keep it running. Servers are not free by any means.

People donate money because not one person can pick up the tab of $600 a month on servers.

This is a supporter:

Supporters help keep our servers alive by donating. They get special skins while in our CSS servers and reserved slots on all of our servers. For a one time donation of $20.00 or more anyone can become a supporter. All supporters are recognized for their generosity on our donation webpage.

• Like 1

• Content Count:  2043

Not fully sure what you are asking but I hope I answer it.

In order to keep the servers running you need money and here at SG they need $600 a month to keep it running. Servers are not free by any means.

People donate money because not one person can pick up the tab of $600 a month on servers.

This is a supporter:

Supporters help keep our servers alive by donating. They get special skins while in our CSS servers and reserved slots on all of our servers. For a one time donation of $20.00 or more anyone can become a supporter. All supporters are recognized for their generosity on our donation webpage.

But have you heard about cod:blackops??!!

• Content Count:  4360

What jager said:

the dedi's are currently running us between 450 and 500 bucks a month (i say approximately, because we have added and dropped specific stuff that has changed the cost dramatically between the bf2 dedi and the rented servers and them now being shut down.) we are looking at ways of reducing those costs, but that entails large server moves and major disruptions in service on the escape/mg dedi. Those costs would be saved only on the long term (greater then 6 months) due to having to run 3 dedis for at least a month to recoup maybe 70 bucks a month later on dedi hosting)

20 bucks for vent

.org and .com websites run somewhere around 30-50 a month depending on usage and such. I don't keep track of bor3d's fees and the alternate site host we use for .org

and fast downloads which is around 5 bucks a month.

that leaves things like server spy (which was dealing with our vent addon) which was like 20 or so. so a spare 5 bucks running around that i personally don't know where it goes, probably for the spare ip's we use or some such hosting bullshit. or to the actual costs of things being slightly higher then I am approximating.

seeing as a generously discounted rate for my services runs about 35 bucks an hour, if Sg was stockpiling spare cash you'd better believe id be submitting an invoice for something averaging 10+ hours a week when nothing hiccups and on bad weeks something like 72+ hours of work on the community (forums/servers)

most of us contributing spend most of our time unseen as a policy, If you dont see me busy then I am doing my job right, its all background noise that 90% of the community knows nothing about.

oh and i forgot the rest of unclaimed money goes to pay for my personal ball washing assistant. she visits every morning just to scrub my damn balls. and she has full healthcare benefits.

(bonus points to those of you who know what that's from)

Donating gets you cool skins and reserved slot so I highly recommend you do it.

• Content Count:  1382

yo nahhhh brahhhhhhhhhhh

Reply to Thread