? servers

? players online

This just might be goodbye

• Content Count:  1465

Well I'm having some trouble in school for playing so much video games. So I was thinking, what is the point of video games? What in this life does it benefit me in the long term? This is just the internet anyways. I look at it now and think of being addicted to video games as the same as getting high. I have never understood the point of drugs or smoking or even drinking. I've done many things that I regret just to play video games. I look at my sister, she has her life wrapped in school and being successful. She was accepted to this program where the top 342 high school students go that are interested in law. My sister knows what she will be in the future. I'm a little jealous of her and always have seen her as the child who will be rich. I, on the other hand, am lost and don't know what to do. I'm just saying my goodbyes now just in case I don't come back. So this maybe farewell SG. I will most likely stay somewhat active on the forums. I will give you my final decision when I get the chance. It has been a good 2 years.

My final decision:

I've decided to be gone until I do well next year, meaning I will not be on steam, the forums, or the servers.

Lol, blank. Were both not single.

I think Lux is right I don't have a goal in life that motivates me to work hard.

Edited by Movement

• Content Count:  204

Don't really know ya, but you could always just use video games as a break from homework, maybe like an hour a day or something like that. Make a schedule of something like "If I do this much homework then I will play this long.", Just a thought.

• Content Count:  2206

This is the way I look at it. I'm addicted to the pc as well. I spend time gaming. I spend time learning how to do web design, scripting, C++ so that I could get a good job in the future.

• Content Count:  4360

I don't really know what I'm going to do with my life also, all I know is I'm going have fun and enjoy it while it lasts. I do my school work and study occasionally but I don't kill myself over tests, I am happy with a B. Balancing school & fun isn't hard.

• Content Count:  11501

Don't really know ya, but you could always just use video games as a break from homework, maybe like an hour a day or something like that. Make a schedule of something like "If I do this much homework then I will play this long.", Just a thought.

A lot of people can't control themselves.

Good luck with whatever decision you make, definitely a mature realization to give up something you love in order to try get ahead in life.

Reply to Thread