? servers

? players online

Can't Merge two vmf files any help?

• Content Count:  674

Hey my problem is that I have been working on this map, the thing is that its very big and I wanted to keep things seperated. But at the end when nearly all was done I copied one map to the other one to finally merge them and have the map complete.

But everytime I safe and reopen the vmf, the other map part i copied from the other vmf is gone. When I run the map, saem thing. One half is just missing.

Please I really need help because I cant just redo the other map part since it was so much work.

So please help me and share ur ideas, since I promised people to finish this today, which I would have when there wouldnt be that error.

• Content Count:  145

This happens to me frequently when I'm working on maps. I would definitely do what the poster above me suggested and just copy smaller pieces at a time. And in the future, I would just try to do everything in one VMF file, even if it's a pain in the ass.

• Like 1

• Content Count:  275

1) Google? 2) Repus's suggestion may work. Make sure the missing half of the map works by itself, cause' is could be that that vmf is screwed up, or possible has different settings (make sure settings for both maps are the same.

• Like 1

• Content Count:  2095

1) Google? 2) Repus's suggestion may work. Make sure the missing half of the map works by itself, cause' is could be that that vmf is screwed up, or possible has different settings (make sure settings for both maps are the same.

Google what he asked and have fun searching for the answer.

• Like 1

• Content Count:  674

Make NEW file and copy both parts into it.

Straight from my bud TopHATTwaffle

Tried it but thanks doesnt work, all the others thanks for help!

Reply to Thread