? servers

? players online

clever ways to wake someone up

• Content Count:  1079

In my experience with doing bootcamp-like activities, there is so much that I've done. I'll list the typical three which I use, and if you'd like more, PM me:

Equipment

1. Whistles
  2. Airhorns
  3. Metal trashcans
  4. Wooden/Metal "sticks". Wooden is better because, in my experiments, it's louder on metal than metal on metal. Also, the "sticks" don't have to actually be sticks; they could be (wooden) ladles or (wooden) broom sticks or whatever.
  5. Very, very, very good earplugs.

Instructions

1. Get as many fellow drill sergeants as possible. The more the merrier!
  2. You can mix-and-match however you'd like, but I often will pair whistles+airhorns and trashcan+stick. So, each DS should have either a whistle with airhorn or trashcan with stick. But it's whatever floats your boat, really.
  3. When ready, have all DSs put on earplugs and, when all earplugs are in, sound off at the same time (which is crucial for good effect), otherwise it'll sound disjointed and not be as good if everyone sounded together. Sound off for as long as you like because, to them, even 10sec will seem like an eternity.
  4. Blow those whistles loudly with all might. Use the airhorns for as reasonably possible. Bang those trashcans like your life depends on it. Make sure the folks in charge of "trashcan duty" are shouting like mad while banging. "One needs noise and confusion and jolting, not sissy intimidation."
  5. If there are any 'stragglers', blow the whistles and airhorns in their face (so they don't lose their earing too badly), shout at them to hurry, and make sure they get the point (if they don't by that point, they're stupid as hell).
  6. If people still ignore you (meaning, they're still in bed or yawning), shake them a little bit. Not too much since you don't want to hurt them, but enough to jolt them.

Hope this helps. I can provide more ideas if you wish. Just remember: that strategy saved several poor cadets from "dying" during a practice fire drill :biggrin:

Edited by Chêvouÿx

Reply to Thread