? servers

? players online

My new Comp

• Content Count:  234

What kind of OS will you be running?

I normally DualBoot windows with ubuntu, and I'm probably going to use XP MCE.

And what's wrong with Xeon? I know it's the same thing, but it also can undervolt better and has a bad-ass name brand to back itself up.

• Content Count:  1230

Well why should I go with non-Xeon? It's the same CPU under a better quality brand. O_o;

And what's wrong with Xeon? I know it's the same thing, but it also can undervolt better and has a bad-ass name brand to back itself up.

You said it yourself it's the same CPU and they're both made by Intel, so how is the brand any different? Intel chip Intel quality. They don't treat home and server consumers any different. The x3110 runs on slightly less voltage so it produces less heat in a server environment, which is not a big deal when it's just one home PC. With that being said the e8400 runs slightly faster in normal everyday use. There is no significant difference in them. It's either .0** less volts with the x3110 or a >3% improvement with the e8400.

Well, I got all my parts in, and all I have left to do is flash my mobo's bios to support my wolfdale core and reinstall steam n css... so expect to see me (Phobos) again this weekend! :d

PICS so far:

DSCN3052.jpg

DSCN3051.jpg

(After I get everything finalized, I can start strapping my cables so they don't look so messy)

Oh, and the unboxing of everything was like CHRISTMAS!!!!!!!!!! WOOOOOOOT.

Edited by Phobos

Hah grats! Unfortunately, I'm nowhere near my computer atm so I don't have a chance yet to flash my bios before I reinstall my stuff.

That blows ass. Hopefully you can exchange it?

Yup. Got my 2nd mobo today, still having problems, cept this time, I think it could be the PSU. The Diagnostic LCD isn't even turning on this time... bad luck for me. :(

• Content Count:  1230

It could be a conflict with your CPU. Xeons are pickier, about their boards. I doubt thats whats happening, but that could be the case. Call and find out if the X3110 is supported on that board. It might just need a BIOS update.

It could be a conflict with your CPU. Xeons are pickier, about their boards. I doubt thats whats happening, but that could be the case. Call and find out if the X3110 is supported on that board. It might just need a BIOS update.

It is supported, and I can't even get to the point where I can update the bios because it isnt working with any 775 cpu atm. I'm gonna try another PSU tomorrow. It's just bad luck for me.

EDIT-

HAH. MY dumb arse this time just forgot to put in the other power connection to the mobo. LOL.

Edited by Phobos

Reply to Thread