? servers

? players online

Miami is getting rid of the homeless.

• Content Count:  1384

The article says that they would fine the bums...seems a little silly to me...I mean, they're bums. They don't really have money, do they? Hmmmm?! hmmm?! ....hmm?

Anyway, I'm with Tampon and Smash on this one.

• Content Count:  2445

Yeah that's fine. I guess it is on an area to area basis. Might be a sloppy work ethic down there or something. :p And I love how Lit Key pretends he knows stuff...it is so cute. :rlol:

And Havok...don't use ze Henda's lines. He will haunt you to your grave! :p

"I guess it is on an area to area basis."

Took you that long to realize that? I guess that's also why you haven't realized your jokes aren't funny.

I'm not pretending to know "stuff", you jackass. That's why I didn't post pretending to know "stuff" about this topic like you did.

P.S.: That's not Henda's line.

• Content Count:  4473

What I know is from what I see where I live. I just figured there would be some similarities, and having him give me information and sources so I know better is a good thing. I never pretended I knew the whole damn subject.

I am not trying to be funny here. You just come in, disrespect me because you think you are above me for being a BD. I am not going to get in a flame war with you because that would be disrespecting admins as I am not trying to find any way you can get another ban outta me.

How about you try leaving me alone? I am just trying to discuss something here, and if I am wrong, I am wrong. I can accept that, but don't bring your crap in here and start stuff. Do you see Tampon over there going " you jackass, this is how it is!" No, he, and the other admins and respected people are just laying down their stuff...LIKE MATURE PEOPLE.

• Content Count:  2936

I'll say this: the overwhelming control of unions on labor in the mid-atlantic DO make it more difficult to find work in major metropolitan areas, AND the over-coddling of the homeless in the area also reduces desire to do much of anything, here in the Mid Atlantic, it almost is a cycle, but its not inescapable... its just too convenient to otherwise get out of... the rationale being"why work for min wage and pay taxes when i can live a a shelter, panhandle, and get free clothing without having to spend 8 hours doing menial work"

Florida however, there are less social services, moreso now than ever, and its basically "panhandle from tourists, rob tourists, or get a job doing SOMETHING, or starve."

The reason its easy to be homeless in fla, and why they would pass a law like this is that miami itself is conducive to homelessness: its warm year round... so there isnt a fear of being outside all night. The worst to fear is malaria, and that can be dealt with by a taxpayer funded safari to the jackson memorial hospital.... there are loads of stupid loose pursed europeans are always willing to part with change, as are guilt laden, apology-mongering liberal upper class white people that vacation there or are pretending to get an education at UM when they arent popping X in clubs. I've done school events where we made MORE panhandling than we did actually doing the car wash. What does that tell you? Passing a law to keep these undesirables out of sight of the business district (where the ppl who prefer to shop, work, etc. without a urine soaked wino bothering them), or the beaches (where the supple daughters of said previous persons who were in business districts go to shake tail) or the residential areas (where people live... in houses... )

I have issues with my hometown, its city govt, and the spending policies, but if they are going to waste money on public works, then it may as well be education or advertising to get more attractive work down there.. not subsidizing sloth and becoming a magnet for the homeless.

• Content Count:  2445

What I know is from what I see where I live. I just figured there would be some similarities, and having him give me information and sources so I know better is a good thing. I never pretended I knew the whole damn subject.

I am not trying to be funny here. You just come in, disrespect me because you think you are above me for being a BD. I am not going to get in a flame war with you because that would be disrespecting admins as I am not trying to find any way you can get another ban outta me.

How about you try leaving me alone? I am just trying to discuss something here, and if I am wrong, I am wrong. I can accept that, but don't bring your crap in here and start stuff. Do you see Tampon over there going " you jackass, this is how it is!" No, he, and the other admins and respected people are just laying down their stuff...LIKE MATURE PEOPLE.

Disrespect? Disrespect... ? That's funny..

That's the problem I have with you, you've continually disrespected me ever since I banned you for that disrespectful comment at the end of last month. If you don't want to get called a jackass, don't fucking flame bait me or be a disrespectful jackass with me. It's that simple. Seriously, it's that easy.

As for me "trying to find anyway I can get another ban outta you", I'd like to let you know that's not the case. Because believe me, if I wanted you gone I could ban you right now for what you have done before with no problem from anyone. It seems to me, after looking at this from a third person perspective, that you're lucky I'm a fairly nice guy who is NOT like Henda.

• Content Count:  4473

Trust me, Henda had a lot more common sense than you. He never went out of his way to try to insult me...only when I was in his face did he respond.

Fail to see where I started all this...oh wait...IT WAS YOU! I asked you to leave me alone. Why can you not grant that request? We are trying to have a discussion here, so please, show some restraint as I am trying to...which means stop trying to insult me every post.

If you noticed, I have not started anything since I said I would stop, it has been you. So reply whatever you want to this, as I am going to continue with what this thread was made for...civilized discussion. If you have anything else to say to me, PM me, because I know everyone here does not want to listen to this...

Back to the topic....Yeah, I can see the problem with the warm environment. In Richmond it gets colder than I thought it would, and in DC it gets a lot colder. We have a fairly decent campus police that manages to keep the hobos from messing with us too much, but I don't think the rest of the city is that lucky. For some reason they all say they are "war veterans". Don't think that this is true, but I am sure some of them may be from the good ol' cold war days of vietnam. I would think the true veteran hobos would get jobs, but I dunno. We either help them get a job, let them suck out resources, or ship them elsewhere... don't know if the first will ever be done effectively.

• Content Count:  6559

Back to the topic....Yeah, I can see the problem with the warm environment. In Richmond it gets colder than I thought it would, and in DC it gets a lot colder. We have a fairly decent campus police that manages to keep the hobos from messing with us too much, but I don't think the rest of the city is that lucky. For some reason they all say they are "war veterans". Don't think that this is true, but I am sure some of them may be from the good ol' cold war days of vietnam. I would think the true veteran hobos would get jobs, but I dunno. We either help them get a job, let them suck out resources, or ship them elsewhere... don't know if the first will ever be done effectively.

Fuck them. My dad VOLUNTEERED to serve two tours in Vietnam, got a purple heart for taking mortar shrapnel, went back to U of Oregon for Undergrad, then did one Semester at Georgetown then transferred to Columbia in NY to finish up his grad degree while working at a Pizza Parlor to help pay for it and made it on his own. Useless twat bums.

• Content Count:  670

Homeless isn't always lazy...in areas with a higher cost of living you'd be surprised how many people are homeless with jobs. One of my friends in Portland spent almost a month living in his car and going to the Y to shower cause he had to save up to make first+last+security for a new apartment.

Reply to Thread