? servers

? players online

Time travellers

• Content Count:  11725

I am very interested in time travel, and from all the stuff I've watched about it, scientists believe that time travel is indeed possible but we are thousands of years away from that technology.

The catch is that time travel to the past is however not possible, because what happened, happened. Meaning that a person cannot travel to the past and change it.

Thats the short version

No matter what you do even if you can change something.

It already happened.

You just made a new timeline.

• Content Count:  3341

Time travelling doesn't, and will never exist.

If we discover time travelling in the future, there would be time travellers among us from the future, ergo, I can 100% guarantee right now that we never discover how to time travel.

I watched a documentary about a week ago on Time traveling. It might be actually possible to travel to future and to the past.

Here is the link to the "online" version

http://news.discovery.com/space/is-time-travel-possible.html

• Content Count:  3697

Travelling to the future may, in the future, be possible like SATAN said, but think about it, if travelling to the past ever happens, why aren't there any travellers among us now? Lets say I invented time travelling to the past right here right now, this is how the situation plays out:

I go into the past and teach people everything we know right now. I'd be like yo, get a huge jumpstart on internet, it turns out to be pretty big in the future.

Nobodies done that for us, so I can reasonably conclude we will never travel back in time. I suppose the future is still possible.

• Content Count:  577

Some kind of paradox would occur.

Like Bob was saying, if I went back and gave someone a gun, and told me to kill me as a baby, I would not be here right now and would have never been able to travel back in time in the first place.

And since I am safely here talking to you guys, I can conclude that I have avoided a baby killer.

• Content Count:  8383

Some kind of paradox would occur.

Like Bob was saying, if I went back and gave someone a gun, and told me to kill me as a baby, I would not be here right now and would have never been able to travel back in time in the first place.

And since I am safely here talking to you guys, I can conclude that I have avoided a baby killer.

Thats usually where parallel universes come in, where if you did travel back in time and killed yourself as a baby then you wouldnt exist in one universe but still exist in your own universe. By theory of course.

• Content Count:  6466

Time travelling doesn't, and will never exist.

If we discover time travelling in the future, there would be time travellers among us from the future, ergo, I can 100% guarantee right now that we never discover how to time travel.

Travelling to the future may, in the future, be possible like SATAN said, but think about it, if travelling to the past ever happens, why aren't there any travellers among us now? Lets say I invented time travelling to the past right here right now, this is how the situation plays out:

I go into the past and teach people everything we know right now. I'd be like yo, get a huge jumpstart on internet, it turns out to be pretty big in the future.

Nobodies done that for us, so I can reasonably conclude we will never travel back in time. I suppose the future is still possible.

You have to also include extenuating circumstances if you were actually be given the ability to go back in time.

First off, if we were to invent a Time Machine, why the fuck would any of us get to use it when rocket scientists are the ones that made it. Chances are, they would also enforce some kind of ruling on whoever uses it that they cannot admit they're from the future. Doing so may cause mass panic, not to mention hysteria and whatever else might happen.

So dwell on this, what if every major advancement in technology was due to time travel?

Reply to Thread