? servers

? players online

digital camera help

• Content Count:  228

Are you going for an ultra compact or quality? The price of a new S5 is close to an S600.

that's my problem. I'm not sure which i want. I would like something small, but then again, I want better performance.

I'm torn. If i had the cash I'd get a compact little camera for every day use, and a better quality (tending to be bulkier) camera for my more serious endeavors.

As it is now, the S5 is just out of my price range, so that's not the question anymore.

i forgot MSI was coming up and had to buy tickets, so my current camera budget is no more then 250 USD

• Content Count:  1230

Or the SD850. Same camera just with a 2.5" screen instead of the 3". For $215 with a free memory card, it's hard to beat.

What's the deal with Canon though? They've been regressing on their point and shoots. The S5 still uses a lens and sensor thats two generations old. The 700IS is still their best Digital ELPH imo. As far as ultra compacts Fuji gives great images and Sony's image stabilization is best in class, but $300+ for a T series hurts.

• Content Count:  228

what are your thoughts on Olympus. everyone talks about canon, nikon, kodak, and sony... you dont often hear about the other brands...

oh, and the friend that sold her s5is ended up buying a nikon d50 body, for $250

why cant i get a great deal like that?

• Content Count:  1230

what are your thoughts on Olympus. everyone talks about canon, nikon, kodak, and sony... you dont often hear about the other brands...

oh, and the friend that sold her s5is ended up buying a nikon d50 body, for $250

why cant i get a great deal like that?

You can get a great deal like you just have to look. No one talks about the Olympus' compact point and shoots because their digital sensors are weak sauce. Cheaper Kodaks produce richer images imo. Nikon was in the same boat when it came to ultra compacts up until about a year ago. Great D-SLR's but they neglected the compact market. They try to cram too many mega pixels into an insufficient sensor.

• Content Count:  2903

If you're a daily Wooter like I am, then every now and then, they'll have a few Digital Cameras for great prices. Check back every day, and you may find something you like. :001_smile:

-Modgers

Reply to Thread