? servers

? players online

henda gone bye bye :(

• Content Count:  4473

The dictionary isn't always up with the times...can't keep up with the modern world. :001_tt2:

Nerd in the gaming context is synonymous with dork, geek, etc. In the online gaming world, any noun can have any meaning at any time, so you have to be on your toes.

Nerdiness (in the gaming context) is related to how much time they put into the game outside of the game. An example of this would be a WoW player dressing up as his character to impress his friends in the real world and devoting the majority of his life to a fictitious environment. The same can be done for CS players who pretend to be real CT's or T's, but there aren't too many of those around. The game cannot be nerdy, only the player.

• Content Count:  670

No, that doesn't really cut it either...it's when you start saying things like "no sorry I can't make it to your graduation, I've got a raid tomorrow night" or "yeah sorry dude I was gonna drive you to the hospital but I got a sweet sniping spot" that you're probably going overboard.

And it's not really a "fictitious environment" if you're actually hanging out with the people you play with. Even if you aren't, they're still real people.

• Content Count:  4473

When I said fictitious environment I meant the actual game, not their "team" meetings. You know those crazy people who sit at their computer with a bag for bodily excrement and a cup of noodles.

• Content Count:  331

I have yet to see a convincing explanation has to how any one game is nerdier than any other game.

WoW: Run around killing things to get more buff

CSS: Run around killing things for nothing

Quoted for Truth. ^_^

YEAH!!!!

The wild world of wonka!

IMG_0786Medium.jpg

Quoted for Super Truth. :d

• Content Count:  6084

They can't handle the pressure!!!! It hurts their feelings!!! QQ and all that!

EPIC PHAIL @ SPELLING Potshot! I do not fear your meager banhammer.... lulz : )

please don't kill me, I like living :d

I didn't make the original, my edit was a joke on it, but whatever I uploaded a new one.

Reply to Thread