? servers

? players online

Is it ok for Steamgamers to buy a Battlefield 3 server?  

35 members have voted

1. 1. Is it ok for Steamgamers to buy a Battlefield 3 server?

• Yes
    • No
    • Yes, but after a period of time so that there are more players.
    • No, i don't like Battlefield and i want to stick to CSS, Gmod,...
    • Other reason (Explain downstairs)

What server(s) would you like to see here in SG?

• Content Count:  1470

NAME GAME: Killing Floor

MOD: 6 player, hard, long, all maps.

SERVER(s): 1

REASON: This is an extremely fun team based zombie game that quite a few SG members have. With having a server, the SG members who do have this game would be able to play it more often with trustworthy players from SG.

Support

• Content Count:  769

NAME GAME: Garrys Mod

MOD: DarkRP

SERVER(s): One

REASON: Although there was alot of bitching when steamgamers previously had a DarkRp server around this time last year, I know to me and alot of others it was fun as hell, the population seemed steady the only problem was the sheer amount of rule breakers and people going out of their way to cause trouble.

• Like 1

• Content Count:  3150

I am going to point out that TF2 has failed many times for us already.

Which is depressing, but it does have a very large following, and that following continues to grow. I honestly ignore any failures if they included the balloon race server, because that was a waste of time in my opinion. The game play is very fun, and I'd imagine if we promoted it enough it would get a lot of followers. I'd put it up there along similar lines to our BC2 server: Sometimes its empty, or doesn't have many people, but if we put like weekend events or something, we manage to fill it rather quickly. So ya, I think its pretty sad if we can't find some support for TF2, considering the community plays a lot of games, some much less popular than TF2.

• Content Count:  2103

Dark RP was a waste of time IMO. It took FOREVER to dl everything, and when I finally connected, I had no fucking clue what was going on, and everyone in the server were being dicks and just started trolling me when I asked what to do. It just sounds like a big trap for all the trolls in the comunity to get banned on. It's pointless, timeconsuming, and not nearly as fun as, say TTT.

Thats hwta i have to say about that. BC3.... Eh, idk if Imma get it or not. TF2 could work, if it was a fun enough server. I like TF2 to some degree, but could never find a mostly decent server to play on.

• Content Count:  421

NAME GAME: counter strike: source

MOD: scoutzknives

SERVER(s): 1

REASON: i know that for most people it seems like its either a love/hate thing with scoutzknives, but the mod is quite fun IMO

and if anyone has ever updated the server list, they would see that there are only a handful of scoutzknives servers, and with the number of people that are a part of this community, populating the server shouldnt be an issue

as for a bf3 server, good idea

but if SG is gonna get a server, they need to get it right as the game comes out so its one of the first servers out there

• Like 1

• Content Count:  2043

New games are rarely linked to communities these days like cod, bf and such. Servers don't have much variety thanks to no modding tools. It's also easier in these types of games to just form a party with your friends and go play on a random low ping server

• Content Count:  4960

New games are rarely linked to communities these days like cod, bf and such. Servers don't have much variety thanks to no modding tools. It's also easier in these types of games to just form a party with your friends and go play on a random low ping server

If we can get a server for it, it's easier to check who plays it.

You can make a party with only 4 people and other people that play it could be left out.

Linking games like cod or bf isn't easy, but if SG can do some stuff like organising competitions on it or ways to win games..

It would attract so much people :d

• Content Count:  3791

Just want to point out, being a community with not a very big DICE game player base, we really need to be one of the first to get a BF3 server.

If we wait too long we'll just have an empty server.

• Like 1

Reply to Thread