? servers

? players online

Need...Advice.

• Content Count:  3736

Soooo... you like it in the pooper?

You are the best! Just reminding you!

Also your parents will get over it after a while.

My best friend had the same issue his dad barely talked to him for a year. Now they are closer than ever and he just had his bf spend a week at his parents house for a vacation. His parents are down here in FL. my buddy now lives in Pennsylvania. Well his parents loved the bf even his dad.

But then again they are cuban for who family will ultimately come first. Some Americans really dont give a fuck about family... so good luck!

Edited by trakaill

• Content Count:  1157

As Caution said, it really is nobody else's business if you're that worried your folks will freak. If you must tell them, I would wait until you're comfortable with it or you have something to fall back on if they actually do kick you out.

I've been an atheist for a pretty big chunk of my life and I am still not comfortable telling my family since they basically revolve their life around Jesus and god. I've just kept it to myself from them for this long because it is none of their business and the most-likely-bitching from them will not be worth it.

• Like 1

• Content Count:  539

Everyone saying its not their business.. These are his parents you're talking about. I'm pretty sure every one of us wants our parents to love us and understand us for who we are in EVERY facet. Its not like you can just forget it and be happy, its much harder than that..

And if they seriously kick you out I'm sure you'll have a friend to stay with for a while, I know i have friends that would take me in if this happened to me.

And Tweezy i PM'd you, hope things work out.

• Like 1

• Content Count:  1980

Do not tell them if you're really worried about the potential consequences. Get yourself a job and be able to support yourself and your lifestyle incase they do kick you out. Which I do doubt....

This reminds me of the time I told my parents I didn't wanna be a terrorist when I grow up....they were not pleased..

• Like 5

• Content Count:  1754

You can fancy both men and women, no biggie. They can't make you not be bisexual. If their mindset is something ridiculous like: "I hate bisexuals, homosexuals, lesbians, transvestites, etc." Then help them understand that it really isn't anything horrible. 'Cause, how are you supposed to control what gender you are attracted to? And, if it makes you happy being bisexual, so be it. They should be able to understand that and not engulf you with contempt or ostracize you from your own family. And love you nonetheless.

• Content Count:  3697

Do what Matt said if you feel your dad would be more understanding. He can help smooth it over with your mom. And there's a good chance your mom was joking, or at least not seriously going to kick you out, but being stable on your own when telling her wouldn't hurt. But if you trust your dad, talk to him and ask him how he thinks your mom would handle it.

Also if she says she wouldn't accept you if you were gay, you could get in her face and say she's gay (act serious), and if she backs down and is like "I had no idea, I was just kidding" and feels bad then you're good to go and just tell her actually you're bi. If she honestly threatens to kick you out, and that you better be screwing with her just say you were kidding, but it's pretty assholeish of her that she wouldn't accept you if you were gay (just to get an idea of how she would actually handle it).

• Like 1

Reply to Thread