? servers

? players online

Question to those that serve or have served in the US Military

• Content Count:  716

It also depends on what area you live in, from knowledge. More heavily populated areas usually get more people applying so it takes longer for everyone. It took me a while too Tweezy but when I first went to the Recruiting Station they told me the Navy had too many people applying and the only people they were accepting were people who scored well on the ASVAB. I think they are still doing that, not sure.

• Content Count:  143

I've been gone for the past 10 weeks because I was busy joining the Air Force. Currently at tech-school (2 1/2 weeks in). I interact with a lot of army and navy folks every day and a large number of them have told me they wish they were in the Air Force. The waiting list for getting in the Air Force numbers in the thousands. Try to get into the Air Force first, and then try the others.

• Content Count:  11501

I've been gone for the past 10 weeks because I was busy joining the Air Force. Currently at tech-school (2 1/2 weeks in). I interact with a lot of army and navy folks every day and a large number of them have told me they wish they were in the Air Force. The waiting list for getting in the Air Force numbers in the thousands. Try to get into the Air Force first' date=' and then try the others.[/quote']

The fuck? Fuck that. Join what branch YOU want to join. It seems like you're set on the Navy, so stick with that if it's what you want to do.

I'm a proud Marine and wouldn't have it any other way, especially the air force.

• Like 1

• Content Count:  1765

I've been gone for the past 10 weeks because I was busy joining the Air Force. Currently at tech-school (2 1/2 weeks in). I interact with a lot of army and navy folks every day and a large number of them have told me they wish they were in the Air Force. The waiting list for getting in the Air Force numbers in the thousands. Try to get into the Air Force first' date=' and then try the others.[/quote']

I've heard good things about the Air Force... but I know family and friends who are/have been in the Navy.

• Content Count:  1765

Started my personal training today using the website: 2011 US Navy Physical Fitness Test Standards

Boy am I out of shape. I can only do about 30 pushups without stopping and I need to seriously work on my situps as I can only do about 35 in a minute. Also did a 2.1 mile run today in 18:45... that also needs to improve. Got some work to do.

• Content Count:  716

You should work your way up to

9:00min 500yd swim

100 pushups in 2 min

100 situps in 2 min

20 deadman pullups w/o touching ground (no time limit)

9:00min 1.5 mile run

At least those are my goals, some of them I already meet. It will make boot camp a lot easier, though none of it will be easy.

• Content Count:  2661

One of you guys messaged me about this thread

I am now a 2nd Lieutenant in the Army. Ive been in since 2003 and deployed for 15 months to Iraq (landed in Kuwait first) I have been an infantryman for years and am Airborne and Air Assault qualified

Feel free to PM me if you have any strange questions related to the Army

• Content Count:  11501

One of you guys messaged me about this thread

I am now a 2nd Lieutenant in the Army. Ive been in since 2003 and deployed for 15 months to Iraq (landed in Kuwait first) I have been an infantryman for years and am Airborne and Air Assault qualified

Feel free to PM me if you have any strange questions related to the Army

and I know you're going to say sir when you message him :p

Reply to Thread