? servers

? players online

anyone have a dog with an ear infection recently?

• Content Count:  1371

so my dog is tilting its head around, not walking in circles or anything. pretty normal behavior except for the irritated ears. i'm going to the veterinarian in like a week

but yeah, what do you guys usually clean your dogs ears with? or if they have an ear infection?

• Content Count:  539

My dog had something like this. She got an inner ear infection, we treated it, but it came back. She got what's called idiopathic vestibular. Basically the infection fucked up her inner ear, which is used for balance. She was so off balanced for a week she couldnt walk. We had to carry her outside to pee and poop. Ya know how your eyes go back and forth really quick when youre looking at something driving by? Her eyed did that for a week. And she was shaking like she had a seizure like 5 times. Now she's permanently dizzy and has a tilted head forever. It was scary as fuck for a week, but now its funny. :p

• Content Count:  1371

My dog had something like this. She got an inner ear infection, we treated it, but it came back. She got what's called idiopathic vestibular. Basically the infection fucked up her inner ear, which is used for balance. She was so off balanced for a week she couldnt walk. We had to carry her outside to pee and poop. Ya know how your eyes go back and forth really quick when youre looking at something driving by? Her eyed did that for a week. And she was shaking like she had a seizure like 5 times. Now she's permanently dizzy and has a tilted head forever. It was scary as fuck for a week, but now its funny. :p

wtf? that sucks..did you treat it late or something or was it just bound to happen?

• Content Count:  3725

You can call your vets and get a quote on the price, but depending on the vet it might be around $40(+/-) just for them to look at him/her. Plus you are looking at maybe another $20(+/-) for medication, also might cost money for them to look at an ear swab not sure. As I said your best bet is to call the vets and get a quote because most vets are different and its hard to give a price over the internet, might also want to try to get your dog in sooner if you can.

To apply medication is easy, depending on what your dog has it could be a few things could be drops which usually goes in the ears 2-3times a day, could be cleaner where you have to clean your dogs ears out 1-2times a day, also could be the drops as well as the cleaner. I think there is some other stuff but as of right now I dont remember the name of it but its this stuff they add to the ear and it stays in it and you do not clean it out. But it all depends on your vet, and what they do.

Edited by :The Good Tyrant:

Reply to Thread