? servers

? players online

Normal

• Content Count:  180

with that in mind, how does everyone feel about sandwiches?

I like sandwiches a lot! But there is so much variety since anything between two pieces of something can be called a sandwich, so everyone is bound to love sandwiches since it could be just about anything!

Sandwiches rock! But they shouldn't be called sandwiches! It's named after some guy who thinks he invented it! But he didn't! People must have been putting things between other things and eating them (that could be read so many ways...) for a long time before John Montagu, 4th Earl of Sandwich decided to be such a jerk as to proclaim it as his idea! They should be called Multi-Layered-Consumable-Food-Things. I think that better fits the description, and doesn't give credit to some English aristocrat who isn't deserving! The multi-layered-consumable-food-things is an invention made by everyone! You can invent all sorts of multi-layered-consumable-food-things, but Mr. Earl of Sandwich gets credit?! He's dead anyway, so what is he going to do about it?

That is how I feel about multi-layered-consumable-food-things.

*EDIT: Holy crap, that could be applied to the word "normal" too! Shit. That was unintentional. Sorry.

Edited by Lemmings19
Accidentally included metaphor. Made note of said incident.

• Content Count:  935

I like sandwiches a lot! But there is so much variety since anything between two pieces of something can be called a sandwich, so everyone is bound to love sandwiches since it could be just about anything!

Sandwiches rock! But they shouldn't be called sandwiches! It's named after some guy who thinks he invented it! But he didn't! People must have been putting things between other things and eating them (that could be read so many ways...) for a long time before John Montagu, 4th Earl of Sandwich decided to be such a jerk as to proclaim it as his idea! They should be called Multi-Layered-Consumable-Food-Things. I think that better fits the description, and doesn't give credit to some English aristocrat who isn't deserving! The multi-layered-consumable-food-things is an invention made by everyone! You can invent all sorts of multi-layered-consumable-food-things, but Mr. Earl of Sandwich gets credit?! He's dead anyway, so what is he going to do about it?

That is how I feel about multi-layered-consumable-food-things.

*EDIT: Holy crap, that could be applied to the word "normal" too! Shit. That was unintentional. Sorry.

It's not dead.

• Content Count:  6712

"nor·mal

Bork

Audio Help /ˈnɔrməl/ Pronunciation Key - Show Spelled Pronunciation[nawr-muhl] Pronunciation Key - Show IPA Pronunciation

–adjective

1. conforming to the standard or the common type; usual; not abnormal; regular; natural."

Normal is hard to define, they've put normal as being the common thing, and when it comes down to it that is what normal means. Normal isn't based on how sane something is, its about what happens the majority of the time.

Normally, people don't jump off buildings, but then someone goes and does it, so they aren't normal. Saying "You are not normal" is a stupid thing because no one is normal, no one does everything that is completely normal.

So don't take offence of people calling you not normal because it is an ignorant thing to say, they take normal as themselves and anyone who isn't like them isn't normal, and then people such as goths get used to it and think of themselves as not normal and are happy with it, but if the majority of people were goth then it would be normal.

Which then brings around the discussion of goths being different, is that the whole point or is it just something the comes with the package??

• Content Count:  1938

If you are the only one that is normal, then YOU are the freak!!!! :scared:

260_saddestpanda.jpg

omg where did my panda go

wait wtf its back now werid

Edited by Slavic

• Content Count:  670

this is why i put it up in the first place. It's a topic that many peopel have different opinions on it.

Not really, there's just the wrong one and the right one. The people who say things like "you can't normal is different for everyone" are usually the ones that revel in being so different from everyone else and proudly display it on their $30 black shirt, but then when someone laughs at them for being different they go cry in their blog about how normal is different for everyone and why oh why do people have to make fun of them? You can't have it both ways, so quit the pseudo-intellectual self-fellation and either accept that nobody's going to like you when you act like a pretentious douche, or start acting normal.

Edited by Captain Colon

• Content Count:  4473

I think it would be better to say that normality changes.

As for the everyone is normal in their own way train of thought, the majority of people decide what is the norm. The act of trying to be not normal is in fact normal in itself, but people tend to disregard the actions and look at the sum. If you are a goth, dress like a goth, act like a goth, you are not normal (which doesn't necessarily mean a bad thing, just not the average of what people claim is normality). However, if you are a goth and hang out with goths, then in that population, you are normal because other people are doing the same thing. It is just how wide you want to include the scale of the population. Simply saying normal people do this is not entirely correct that would mean the entire planet's normality follows these rules which clearly does not happen with much except for major human characteristics and biological necessities.

Nobody is completely normal, so why bitch about it?

• Content Count:  670

I think it would be better to say that normality changes.

As for the everyone is normal in their own way train of thought, the majority of people decide what is the norm. The act of trying to be not normal is in fact normal in itself, but people tend to disregard the actions and look at the sum. If you are a goth, dress like a goth, act like a goth, you are not normal (which doesn't necessarily mean a bad thing, just not the average of what people claim is normality). However, if you are a goth and hang out with goths, then in that population, you are normal because other people are doing the same thing. It is just how wide you want to include the scale of the population. Simply saying normal people do this is not entirely correct that would mean the entire planet's normality follows these rules which clearly does not happen with much except for major human characteristics and biological necessities.

Nobody is completely normal, so why bitch about it?

Again you're trying to define normal in the context of a subset of the population and not the entire population. It's like saying it's not normal to be missing 30% of your skin unless you're in a burn ward, then it's totally normal, or it's normal to be schizophrenic if you're around a bunch of schizophrenics.

Reply to Thread