? servers

? players online

Normal

• Content Count:  4473

But according to the definition of normal, it is the average of the population. You are trying to say that it is not normal to have %30 of your skin missing in the ENTIRETY of the human population. One could limit the population and still claim to be normal, but only in that defined population.

• Content Count:  6712

Not really, there's just the wrong one and the right one. The people who say things like "you can't normal is different for everyone" are usually the ones that revel in being so different from everyone else and proudly display it on their $30 black shirt, but then when someone laughs at them for being different they go cry in their blog about how normal is different for everyone and why oh why do people have to make fun of them? You can't have it both ways, so quit the pseudo-intellectual self-fellation and either accept that nobody's going to like you when you act like a pretentious douche, or start acting normal.

Gotta agree with that, harsh but the truth

Havok I think that accepting the fascist crap people come up with is cowardly, but a normal citizen can't stand up for themselves when the government are rolling over to these idiots.

• Content Count:  1079

I love you.

Most kids who think themselves 'different' or 'non-conformist' are typically pretentious dicks. As made apparent in the last few days. For example, Hitler was a pretty eccentric dude. However, some kid who wears a trench coat and listens to obscure death metal and treats himself like Walt Whitman? Pretentious Dick.

Why say that? I've met many kids under the age of 18 be "non-conformists" and still be nice enough to not be "pretentious dicks." Maybe some are stuck-up and can't realize the consequences of their own actions, or are inable to be socialable (is that a word?) but, nonetheless, not all "non-conformist" minors are stiffs.

Note: I know you said "most/typically" and not "all," but I wanted to still respond to what you said.

• Content Count:  1938

Again you're trying to define normal in the context of a subset of the population and not the entire population. It's like saying it's not normal to be missing 30% of your skin unless you're in a burn ward, then it's totally normal, or it's normal to be schizophrenic if you're around a bunch of schizophrenics.

In that case, the Chinese are waaay ahead of us in what is considered normal.

• Content Count:  4473

A population can be anything, and you are just saying the population size is the entire human population. Populations have different sizes depending on what you make them to be, but in within all humanity, being goth is not normal. In the gothic culture, it is. It is all about point of view, and obviously some people have a hard time seeing that. I mean, how can you be wrong at all? It is YOUR opinion that defines everything after all... :001_rolleyes:

You could be rolling down the street in your wheelchair which would make you not normal because you can't use your legs like the majority of the rest of the world. However, at the same time, you could be said to be normal because you are still a mobile human being and people are used to seeing people in wheelchairs. Can you be both normal and not normal? Yes, if you like to look at multiple avenues of thought. If not both, then which one is more right than the other?

• Content Count:  1938

A population can be anything, and you are just saying the population size is the entire human population. Populations have different sizes depending on what you make them to be, but in within all humanity, being goth is not normal. In the gothic culture, it is. It is all about point of view, and obviously some people have a hard time seeing that. I mean, how can you be wrong at all? It is YOUR opinion that defines everything after all... :001_rolleyes:

You could be rolling down the street in your wheelchair which would make you not normal because you can't use your legs like the majority of the rest of the world. However, at the same time, you could be said to be normal because you are still a mobile human being and people are used to seeing people in wheelchairs. Can you be both normal and not normal? Yes, if you like to look at multiple avenues of thought. If not both, then which one is more right than the other?

lol cripples

Reply to Thread