? servers

? players online

SteamGamers Arma 2 =Free Game=

• Content Count:  490

What is Arma 2?

ARMA 2 is a tactical shooter with significant vehicle and aircraft elements. The player is able to command AI squad members which adds a real-time strategy element to the game. This is further enhanced by introduction of the high command system, which allows the player to command multiple squads using the map. ARMA 2 is set primarily in the fictional Eastern European nation of Chernarus, (meaning "Black Russia"). The Chernarus landscape is based heavily on the Czech Republic, the home country of the developer.

Where can i get it?

Arma 2 free - Arma 2 Official Website

Why should i play this game?

Arma 2 offers you the most realistic experience you can get in a video game.

A shot to the chest can and most likely will put you down. Lack of knowledge/teamwork will get your entire squad killed within the blink of a eye and much more.

So what is the point of this thread?

The point of this thread is to find people in SG that play/want to play, and gather them so we can get a game going.

Wait, it says Arma 2 and then Arma 2 free? what is this?!?!

There is actually not alot of difference between those two.

Arma 2 is the original game which you have to pay for.

Arma 2 Free is basicly Arma 2 but made free for people to play but without-

- High Definition Graphics

- User Mods/Addons

- Story Driven Campaigns

- Operation Arrowhead [This is a standalone expansion taking place in Takistan(A Afghanistan like map which comes with U.S Army faction and Takistan Rebel faction [And ALOT of new weapons, vehicle, and engine upgrades]

- BAF and PMC Addons* [basicly DLC's for Operation Arrowhead which gives you British Army faction and Private Military Company Faction]

!Player List! Post if you play/want to play Arma 2 and i will add you to the list

-Godfather aka Chris

-Accessed

-Paralyzed

-Dimitry

-Serenity

-Zeke

-Unnamed Newbie

-Vorter

-Mr.Jesus

-Gator

-Pingpong

-Game Freak

Feel free to ask anything

Pictures for those who want to see how the game looks

arma2inagme5.jpg

OfpArmaArma2comp6.jpg

624666-arma2_ingame_34.png

arma2in-game.jpg

943146179d1220316190-info-arma2-arma2_03russianarmy.jpg

arma_2_screenshot.jpg

• Like 4
Edited by Dimitry

I'm always up for a game of ArmA 2. Although you are pretty late on the free version, it's been around for a very long time.

Adding you to the list then :p

I know the free version had been out a long time(Kept bitching at my friends to play it when it came out :d)

But most people i ask, have no idea what Arma 2 is. So i hope to get some people interrested in trying it and others to join us.

really wish i could play but my comp cant handle the free version, tried it before w/ chris lol

Aw man that sucks ):

Is it like completely unplayable lag?

Cause there are some ways to reduce the lag greatly if your pc cant run it so well.

Damn for a free tactical shooter it looks pretty good ill try it out, Thanks!

Glad to hear :d

Also would you mind if i add you to the Player List then?

• Content Count:  3729

Dimitry, as I don't really know what they are able to play in free versions- and what not... could you tell me if it's possible to have CO-OP missions around 10/15 players max for the free version? So like existed missions players made to use for the free version. Just those that don't require any addons but Chernarus etc.

Also I'm planning a zombie operation with no Addons required which you all should be able to play. Unfortunately no ACRE as that would require to install some stuff... and long explanation.

Edited by Paralyzed

• Content Count:  1371

Aw man that sucks ):

Is it like completely unplayable lag?

Cause there are some ways to reduce the lag greatly if your pc cant run it so well.

yeah unplayable lol, wanna link me to some of these methods?

Dimitry, as I don't really know what they are able to play in free versions- and what not... could you tell me if it's possible to have CO-OP missions around 10/15 players max for the free version? So like existed missions players made to use for the free version. Just those that don't require any addons but Chernarus etc.

Also I'm planning a zombie operation with no Addons required which you all should be able to play. Unfortunately no ACRE as that would require to install some stuff... and long explanation.

They can play the missions and the 100 players ones. Only restriction is that they cant use mods/addons ):

Shit game is shit.

It was never good.

Waste of money.

By the time you get moving, you get shot at lol

With all due respect, This thread is to gather people who wants to play it/Tell about the game.

Not saying you cant say your opinion but could you please let this thread be for those who want to play it?

Thanks.

• Like 4

Reply to Thread