? servers

? players online

My Official Farewell and "Resignation" Topic

• Content Count:  11725

Did I just read all of that?

Anyway It's sad to see the old members 'dislike" the current SG.

Sure it might be crap and pretty bad compared to 2008/2009.

I joined in 2008 and I have seen a difference.

17 Sep 2012 is my 4th year and I don't think SG has been a waste of time, sure it has stages in where it does good and bad and I completely understand where you are coming from.

/rant

Enjoy yourself.

• Content Count:  4980

Never really got to know you, Ken. However, I have talked to you and I know you were a big part of this community. I remember you as "Cloud Strike" and a good friend of Haggard. I had a very shitty mic and my voice sounded like a kid back then XD. But people would still not care how old you were back then, especially LitKey. Man, that was a nice guy. He used to move himself and myself to the BD channel so he could know me better individually, and really took care of me aswell as showing me around ZM/SG. Like a real mentor. Nowadays if you hear a kid talking everybody says STFU kid GTFO, which isn't the nicest. Anyway, thanks for all the hard work you've put in, d00d!

It basically feels like people cared much more back then. Not only about others, but about the servers too.

P.S.

Your mom

:d

• Like 1
Edited by Jazz

• Content Count:  4198

Nostalgia is all well and good, but when it is so sickeningly thick and exaggurated it becomes no better than fatalistic ramblings. Perhaps I've just heard the same shit over the years that it has become nothing more than a saturated mess of white noise, regardless of whether there is any valid truth in it. If that's the case, then I apologise.

Other than that, your post was a good read and I realised I share some of your feelings. To be honest the direction the community is going right now isn't inherently bad, rather there is a void in terms of progressive outlook, and it has caused the community to stagnate instead of moving forward.

• Content Count:  1676

Nice to see a resignation/farewell that doesn't sound like concealed rage behind a wall of repetitive text about how one is tired of something. I only played on the servers a few years ago, but that makes me wish I went on the forums/vent more often.

I wish you the best of luck!

Reply to Thread