? servers

? players online

steam account hijacked

• Content Count:  228

so some on some how got to my email that i use for xbox live (when used xbox) and steam and changed my password and my security question to something in german. then changed my email for my steam to something else. i finally got my email back to find an email that was confirming that my information was changed and that guy apparently opened it and confirmed it. so whats the best way of going about this.

Note: yes my credit card info is on the steam account.

• Content Count:  4799

1. NEVER save your card info on steam . Cancel your credit card before he gets the idea to use it to buy gifts. I read somewhere that when the password is changed, the card info is cleared but I am not sure.

2. https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=2347-qdfn-4366

Edited by SilentGuns

• Content Count:  2105

1. NEVER save your card info on steam . Cancel your credit card before he gets the idea to use it to buy gifts. I read somewhere that when the password is changed, the card info is cleared but I am not sure.

2. https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=2347-qdfn-4366

If you change the password it clears it. I know from changing my password and it did this.

• Content Count:  95

That is very smart of steam to do, Luckily he (Hacker) already changed the password so he is all set.

Now just get your account back and change anything that revolves around the password he used for your steam and email.

And you can get your life back on track XD

BTW Could his account of gotten hijacked by the same guy that hack SG?

If that is the case, also change any passwords that are like your SG account.

• Content Count:  418

That sucks. I remember when my XBL got hacked. He spent $300 on points and bought games. Last time I left credit card info on a site or anything. The good part about it was after I got my account and money back, I still had all the games he bought. Bahaha.

BTW Could his account of gotten hijacked by the same guy that hack SG?

Enter the paranoia..

• Content Count:  228

i sent a steam support ticket in about this how long does it take for them to get to those. also my friend told me that he no longer sees my name on his steam friends list so he either deleted my friends list or even the entire account.

Reply to Thread