? servers

? players online

Electronic Arts: Challenge everything (Except for us)

• Content Count:  6712

Not particularly a fan of Origin for a fairly lame reason.

But that aside, it's good competition for Steam. That always has to be a good thing. I don't see the problem with Origin, I used it for BF3 and it downloaded quickly and worked fine.

In regards to Sim City...... it was only 5 days. It's frustrating when you're eager to play the game, but it's only 5 days.

Except EA doesn't develop, they only publish.

Not true.

• Content Count:  954

Not particularly a fan of Origin for a fairly lame reason.

But that aside, it's good competition for Steam. That always has to be a good thing. I don't see the problem with Origin, I used it for BF3 and it downloaded quickly and worked fine.

In regards to Sim City...... it was only 5 days. It's frustrating when you're eager to play the game, but it's only 5 days.

Not true.

Point 1:

Yes, it was 5 days, but on the other hand, the always online DRM isn't necessary for ANY of the simulation used in the game, which is the excuse that they gave us. So they're lying just to get away with a bad practice.

Point 2: Unless you count EA sports, they hardly do development anymore. Almost all of their development is done by companies that they either created (Visceral) or purchased (DICE, BioWare, Maxis)

• Content Count:  954

Why do you hate EA so much? Really seems your trying to prove to every one how bad they are lol.

Because they CONSTANTLY take IPs that are fucking awesome, and find some way to ruin them.

I don't have a problem with Devs. Maxis makes some of the best simulation games there is, Visceral makes fucking amazing horror games, and BioWare made 3 of my favorite RPGs of all time. But it seems like EA is constantly trying to find a way to kill off their developers.

Guest harro

I sort of half-agree with this. EA has had it's way of cheesing different IP's to create games without much depth.

Take for instance The Old Republic series being turned into a shitty MMO and they're doing the same with Neverwinter apparently.

They do publish some gems however I feel it's the company's pressure on their developers being reasons for crappy launches and bad games and it's even more distasteful when they try to blame games being not good due to "gamer fatigue". Transformers 3 did not suck due to "movie watching fatigue". It sucked because it was a horrible fucking movie.

• Content Count:  535

If you installed Origin, you agreed to this.

2. Consent to Collection and Use of Data.

You agree that EA may collect, use, store and transmit technical and related information that identifies your computer (including the Internet Protocol Address), operating system, Application usage (including but not limited to successful installation and/or removal), software, software usage and peripheral hardware, that may be gathered periodically to facilitate the provision of software updates, dynamically served content, product support and other services to you, including online services. EA may also use this information combined with personal information for marketing purposes and to improve our products and services. We may also share that data with our third party service providers in a form that does not personally identify you. IF YOU DO NOT WANT EA TO COLLECT, USE, STORE, TRANSMIT OR DISPLAY THE DATA DESCRIBED IN THIS SECTION, PLEASE DO NOT INSTALL OR USE THE APPLICATION. This and all other data provided to EA and/or collected by EA in connection with your installation and use of this Application is collected, used, stored and transmitted in accordance with EA’s Privacy Policy located at EA Games - Electronic Arts. To the extent that anything in this section conflicts with the terms of EA’s Privacy Policy, the terms of the Privacy Policy shall control.

• Content Count:  535

im ok with that.

I'm also okay with that, seeing as I have no other option if I want to play BF3. :p

I still think that it is unnecessary and honestly quite stupid how EA has made it so that Origin scans your files, hardware profiles and program data to see if there are any other EA games on your PC, as well as a few other things, though.

• Content Count:  11723

I'm also okay with that, seeing as I have no other option if I want to play BF3. :p

I still think that it is unnecessary and honestly quite stupid how EA has made it so that Origin scans your files, hardware profiles and program data to see if there are any other EA games on your PC, as well as a few other things, though.

Facebook does it also.

Google too

http://www.gamnesia.com/news/no-surprise-ea-lied-debug-mode-in-simcity-has-almost-unlimited-offline-play

• Like 1

Reply to Thread