? servers

? players online

Listening to your parents!

• Content Count:  903

What is the one thing you guys never agreed on with your parents? Now years later (hopefully) you see that it was you who were wrong.

For me it was... Well it was actually my just general parent figures because my actual parents even though being there and raising me didn't really do much more then keep me alive and away from danger, which by all means I'm thankful for. Back to the point, it was my fire dept. Captain who taught me that silence is worth a million words. Never really understanding it back then when I was 16 now I see that on many occasions if I stay silent, stand back and see how things unravel before picking a side. I have the same chances as hoping to be lucky by letting my words decide my future.

So how about you guys?

• Content Count:  421

dont really have anything to relate to what youre saying

but my dad has a bad habit of trying to teach me to do stuff that i already know how to do. or trying to teach me it after he already has half a dozen times.

the worst part is when he start to do it, i tell him how its suppose to be done, and he still proceeds to explain how to do it.

• Content Count:  115

dont really have anything to relate to what youre saying

but my dad has a bad habit of trying to teach me to do stuff that i already know how to do. or trying to teach me it after he already has half a dozen times.

the worst part is when he start to do it, i tell him how its suppose to be done, and he still proceeds to explain how to do it.

Stubborn dad.

• Content Count:  11501

i dislike when older adults in general treat me like I'm young and depend on their 'help', when in reality I've been virtually self supportive since I was 13, and entirely self supportive since I was 17.

• Like 2

• Content Count:  4960

I just have those moments where I thought that my parents were too strict about some stuff when I was young, and if I look at it this moment.. It's basically the same opinion I have xD

Maybe that's growing up, maybe manners, maybe a good education.. Who will ever know?

Like buying lots of games, or a better cellphone etc.

• Content Count:  418

My own parents didn't do much for me. My dad had killed himself when I was 7 and my mother was always prideful, hypocritical, ignorant and always cared about appearances despite being a drug dealer. If I learned anything over the years it's that it's best to be honest with myself regardless of what people think of me. I guess I can thank her for being such a bad example that even as a kid I knew I didn't want to be like her.

• Content Count:  6712

I've always known I should study harder and I could achieve a lot more. But I've been too lazy for that, not enough "drive"... so I wouldn't say we never agreed, I just didn't do it and accepted how it is.

I get on with my parents well I can't think of anything we don't agree on that is relevant.

Reply to Thread