? servers

? players online

SGSL 3v3 Tourney

Guest harro
text

Of course we're not going to have ten equally skilled players, but to mitigate that, you could just give the lesser skilled captains pick priority, because there are still consistently good players in the roster that aren't on your list of people that could potentially captain.

Edit: Also if finding applicable captains was that much of a problem, you could've just done 48 players, 8 captains, 6 players (2 sub or 1 sub inc), 5v5/4v4 (because 3v3 is kind of one sided) and it would've been less of a bitch scheduling everything, especially because it's double elim, but I guess it's too late for that now.

• Content Count:  4550

I think any argument that's saying "no good players are on my team so therefore I don't see the point cause I won't win" is just terrible. With that attitude you shoulda never joined the tournament and at the very least, could of practiced playing reg to become good yourself.

I'm not even that good aim wise, but I know how to scrim and players like Caution/Xeno don't phase me from wanting to play because I can still kill them with the right tactics and I wouldn't ever go as far as to say I couldn't win with my team against team 1.

Just get some practice and confidence and get on with it. The tourney is mostly for fun.

• Like 1

• Content Count:  115

I think any argument that's saying "no good players are on my team so therefore I don't see the point cause I won't win" is just terrible. With that attitude you shoulda never joined the tournament and at the very least, could of practiced playing reg to become good yourself.

I'm not even that good aim wise, but I know how to scrim and players like Caution/Xeno don't phase me from wanting to play because I can still kill them with the right tactics and I wouldn't ever go as far as to say I couldn't win with my team against team 1.

Just get some practice and confidence and get on with it. The tourney is mostly for fun.

And for the creds, tag, and honor. :3

• Content Count:  623

Well I signed up for a Draft pick, not teamstackrandomizer.com

I'm out unless it's done properly with captain's that know how to pick.

Sent from my Galaxy SIII from hickville.

• Content Count:  11501

list_zpsa5f8c5f2.png

As far as I'm concerned if you're going to be a dick nugget about it & leave because you don't get your way, good luck into getting any other competition or event that I host. I (and Xeno, for sure) spent hours working on shit and organizing it for no one else but you guys. I don't give a fuck about store credits or some in-game title, I don't intend on ever owning anything from the store and I can create custom titles for myself if I want (and I doubt Xeno cares either).

Sorry if there's a 'different' way that one of you might have ran this, but the last time I checked I don't see anybody else working on this but Xeno and Me (with credit to MP for a base server transfer and Spartan for tourney section help). It's a 3v3, not a 5v5, and I have a stitched finger FFS, so idek if I can play correctly, I just want to play something and I've put off doing this event for a little bit.

Also, LOL @ people insinuating for a good tournament we have to pick players, teams, and captains individually. IDK what CSS tournaments you guys have ever played in, but Ive never in my life heard of individually picking teams and captains based on the opinions of two people (which we tried and did not work). If you guys want complete fairness then I'd just let everyone create their own teams.

Edited by Caution

• Content Count:  4550

If you let people create their own teams, you still do not remove the possibility of one team simply having the best players and the bad players having nothing. In fact it would probably be even worse that way since no good player is gona want to play with a bad one. I don't see what the big fuss is. This is literally just a fun game within SG. If you want to play serious competitive matches then make your own team and get something going yourself. Frankly there is not enough interest from members in SG to play competitive tournaments.

EDIT: Also, I've created the teams with all the people in them. Once you've decided on a leader please tell me or Caution/Xeno so I can promote yout o leader in the team and then leave myself, allowing me to enter you into the tournament.

If you do pull out of this now then please say so so it's not wasting time.

• Content Count:  1513

So, once we get all confirmed players, caps, subs in, is there going to be a tree or something made to see the scores. Also if it takes more then a week to make the teams ill prob opt out. Btw we just gonna use a randomizer to see which team plays who.

• Content Count:  939

I have to points I want to bring here:

First, as you stated earlier before - there is going to be SourceTV. So with that what if a person from 1 of the teams tells his team what the other team is doing from what he sees?

Second you stated there is no object boosting or whatever, only person boosting - so that means we can runboost like in trikz?

EDIT: I agree with neptune about having a randomizer choose which teams will verse what team - from there they see if they can get the time to play against each other set up. If not, they switch with someone else until its all perfect.

• Content Count:  5086

I have to points I want to bring here:

First, as you stated earlier before - there is going to be SourceTV. So with that what if a person from 1 of the teams tells his team what the other team is doing from what he sees?

Second you stated there is no object boosting or whatever, only person boosting - so that means we can runboost like in trikz?

EDIT: I agree with neptune about having a randomizer choose which teams will verse what team - from there they see if they can get the time to play against each other set up. If not, they switch with someone else until its all perfect.

You can set delays on sourceTV, so it shouldn't be an issue.

Reply to Thread