? servers

? players online

LoL tournament

Guest harro
*Clears throat* If I recall, you've beat me all of one time as Xerath.

And that's exactly it, it'd be toooo easyyyyy.

e: I joined, but it depends when it's being held, going to be pretty busy in the near future since finals are coming up.

You mean out of the two times we've played against each other? ._.

• Content Count:  3150

We don't have enough people to make an actual team tournament.

also 1v1 are more fun cause its your skills vs the other guy skills

as harro said its counter-picks not skill v skill.

3v3 or 5v5 tournament would be a measure of team skill.

• Content Count:  2103

as harro said its counter-picks not skill v skill.

3v3 or 5v5 tournament would be a measure of team skill.

I second this actually. 1V1 is more about if you can counter their pick then if you are more skilled then them.

• Content Count:  4550

A 5 v 5 will need at least 40 players, which will give you 3 rounds to play if you go to the final. Make it 4 rounds and you need 80 players. I doubt we have that many.

A 3 v 3 is more feasable. 3 rounds will need 24, 4 being 48. But this is not without problems again. For a start if you don't ever play the twisted treeline you're not gona like the 3 v 3 done there, and a 3 v 3 on summoners rift will be unusual. Not to mention if you want any sort of fairness you're gona need to have teams randomized again otherwise there are gona be players who do not want to be left out of the normal team of players they play with, or have a team full of shits.

Either way, the 1 v 1's are usually the best out of 3, and if you get counter picked twice then you were unlucky. The other guy has the same possibility of being counter picked as well. But I'm not sure why this is even a problem as if you're playing solo mid, first to kill or take tower, you should pick your choice based on that...

• Like 1
Guest harro
A 5 v 5 will need at least 40 players, which will give you 3 rounds to play if you go to the final. Make it 4 rounds and you need 80 players. I doubt we have that many.

A 3 v 3 is more feasable. 3 rounds will need 24, 4 being 48. But this is not without problems again. For a start if you don't ever play the twisted treeline you're not gona like the 3 v 3 done there, and a 3 v 3 on summoners rift will be unusual. Not to mention if you want any sort of fairness you're gona need to have teams randomized again otherwise there are gona be players who do not want to be left out of the normal team of players they play with, or have a team full of shits.

Either way, the 1 v 1's are usually the best out of 3, and if you get counter picked twice then you were unlucky. The other guy has the same possibility of being counter picked as well. But I'm not sure why this is even a problem as if you're playing solo mid, first to kill or take tower, you should pick your choice based on that...

3v3 on proving grounds map, 1v1 is way less fair because it's pretty much 90% who counterpicks who (And that's pretty much all luck if you're playing blind pick). You have more leeway with that if it's 3 versus 3 instead (or maybe even 2 versus 2). League is a team game and not that there's nothing wrong with 1v1 tournaments, but having only 1v1 tournaments within SG is like having a 1v1 CS:S tournament over and over again which is kind of dumb.

• Like 2

• Content Count:  97

3v3 on proving grounds map, 1v1 is way less fair because it's pretty much 90% who counterpicks who. You have more leeway with that if it's 3 versus 3 instead (or maybe even 2 versus 2)

2v2 sounds better then a 3v3. but yea a 1v1 is all about the counter pick and it being 1st kill 1st tower makes it even worse when being counter picked. id pref 3v3 but 2v2 sounds good.

Reply to Thread