? servers

? players online

LoL tournament

• Content Count:  3150

A 5 v 5 will need at least 40 players, which will give you 3 rounds to play if you go to the final. Make it 4 rounds and you need 80 players. I doubt we have that many.

A 3 v 3 is more feasable. 3 rounds will need 24, 4 being 48. But this is not without problems again. For a start if you don't ever play the twisted treeline you're not gona like the 3 v 3 done there, and a 3 v 3 on summoners rift will be unusual. Not to mention if you want any sort of fairness you're gona need to have teams randomized again otherwise there are gona be players who do not want to be left out of the normal team of players they play with, or have a team full of shits.

Either way, the 1 v 1's are usually the best out of 3, and if you get counter picked twice then you were unlucky. The other guy has the same possibility of being counter picked as well. But I'm not sure why this is even a problem as if you're playing solo mid, first to kill or take tower, you should pick your choice based on that...

I mean maybe I've the odd one out here, but I don't play 1v1.....EVER.

I've been playing this game for a year & have over 3k games played and I've 1v1ed maybe 3 times and they were all for the purpose of testing a champion with a friend.

Point being, I think its silly to do a tournament of something that people rarely do in the game nor can logically practice for.

• Content Count:  3697

@Harro dawg we've played like 5 games. (Maybe)

But yeah, I was thinking if we did 1v1s, there needs to be strict rules. Like a pre-defined role, and has to be a traditional pick. Otherwise picking 95% of the champions will be instant loss, and it will turn into Zed vs Xin in every game or some shit.

Also I think 2v2s or 3v3s would be dece. On summoners rift either way.

• Content Count:  93

Yea until you realize late game you do no damage and get steam rolled lol. Although that depends on which support champ you pick since Thresh can go AD and Sona can go AP for example.

• Content Count:  4550

Just gona point out that you 1 v 1 every game you go top or mid, at least for most games early on.

People don't often play 2 v 2 and 3 v 3 as well, but it's the same as having 2 people in a lane or playing the twisted treeline.

Too many people are saying 2 v 2 or 3 v 3 is fine. I'm not gona make the decision so I'll add a poll.

http://www.steam-gamers.net/forum/community-suggestions/52625-pick-what-you-want-lol-tournament.html

Edited by Spartan

• Content Count:  3150

Just gona point out that you 1 v 1 every game you go top or mid, at least for most games early on

-jungle

-mid roam top

-dragon plays

Its not the same, moving on.

People don't often play 2 v 2 and 3 v 3 as well, but it's the same as having 2 people in a lane or playing the twisted treeline.[/Quote]

Everyone should keep in mind that 3v3 twisted treeline is designed differently, the "META" is different, and there's a different set of "OP" champions.

As for 2v2 it won't be like playing a 2v2 lane because the only time that happens is bot and if you go support/adc in a 2v2.....lol good luck.

Too many people are saying 2 v 2 or 3 v 3 is fine. I'm not gona make the decision so I'll add a poll.

Everyone should keep in mind that [assuming we can't get enough for 5v5] 3v3 is the next best option as it is not some kind of gimped tournament. 2v2 sounds okay....sorta cool, but again would be on the ARAM map more than likely and a lot of people are opposed to that map (or so it seems).

Reply to Thread