? servers

? players online

caution's cooking

• Content Count:  11501

i was going to stir fry tonight, but im going to let the beef marinate tonight and all day tomorrow so it tastes better. I'll post pics of marinade later, if I remember.

• Content Count:  2941

photo14_zps2afa9089.jpg

right before pulling them out to cut

photo15_zpsb03dc095.jpg

80% of the way done into cooking

photo13_zps1325a42e.jpg

afterwords, over rice

Just finished dinner, damn. Looks good - making me hungry again. :biggrin1:

(I'm going to get fat)

• Content Count:  3791

What do you put in your marinade? I made myself a beef casserole the other day, had the beef cooking for around 5 hours so it just broke apart, I thought it lacked some taste though :(

What do you put in your marinade? I made myself a beef casserole the other day, had the beef cooking for around 5 hours so it just broke apart, I thought it lacked some taste though :(

just depends on what type of dish you're making. since it's a stir fry, you'd want to keep somewhat of an Asian-ish taste. Also, I let it marinate from the night before until I make it for dinner the next night.

in this particular one i think i used various combinations of soy sauce, wine (red only), garlic, oil, corn starch, sugar, water, & pepper

Edited by Caution

• Content Count:  3791

just depends on what type of dish you're making. since it's a stir fry, you'd want to keep somewhat of an Asian-ish taste. Also, I let it marinate from the night before until I make it for dinner the next night.

in this particular one i think i used various combinations of soy sauce, wine, garlic, oil, corn starch, sugar, water, & pepper

Thank you for the tips! I shall try this some time in the week! The marinade sounds delicious!

photo16_zpsaf0fca31.jpg

homemade biscuits baked in (yes, baked in) homemade chicken noodle soup. Not a typical chicken noodle though, I made it a bit thicker (potatoes, carrots & chicken, kept it p simple) so it doesn't absorb all into the biscuits.

• Content Count:  985

23lbmo7.jpg

One of the dinner specials tonight..

Soft shell crab and green tomato stacker.

2w6h1lj.jpg

"The Chicken and the Egg"

chicken breast dipped in buttermilk and seasoned salt/flour and then fried in the deep fryer, topped with sausage gravy and a sunny side up egg.

Edited by Chaos

Reply to Thread