? servers

? players online

How do you feel about Vista?

• Content Count:  580

The laptop was purchased last year from Circuit city...around 500 for that. 512 MB RAM and Vista , the people there even said I should add more RAM but I haven't gotten around to it.

The funny thing is you could get a laptop for the same price today that has 2 gig ram. :laugh:

And yeah , with 512 MB ram pretty much any game is unplayable on this pos laptop. At least with XP games ran pretty well with the same amount of memory.

• Content Count:  3440

As cheap as RAM has become there is no reason to run any OS with just 512 MB. Especially if you are going to attempt to play games on that computer.

• Content Count:  46

i think vista is good for newer games, if you wanna play older games,(2005-)

then just dual boot xp and vista- Problem solved

• Content Count:  4685

Vista over all in my mind is good but there are still nagging things like trying to find folders most guides are made for xp and it takes me longer to find shit now. Also some things make vista mad such as things that run other programs first time I opened up MapleStory and like 3 things pop up at once bitching about it opening up stuff oh and that error paul talked about happens about 15% of the time I run CSS but its annoying.

OVER ALL GET IT

p.s. i was just tryin maple story :001_wub:

• Content Count:  580

Other than aforementioned memory issues , there are also some weird things going on with Vista. I set all folders to have the same look , next day the mp3 folder is set to its own individual folder style with that stupid star rating system , and then some random folder will feel like being organized into a group system and then I have to ungroup everything and go back to folder options and force every folder to look the same again , and then the cycle continues :thumbdown:

• Content Count:  769

vista is the best if only you got the recommended parts and beyond. Also when you delete the useless programs and after all the updates. Then the real problem starts upgrade and install all the security. then finally surf the web and computer usage. though all in all as long as i have my defragmentor i would be happy with any os as long as i get us to it.

• Content Count:  461

vista is the best if only you got the recommended parts and beyond. Also when you delete the useless programs and after all the updates. Then the real problem starts upgrade and install all the security. then finally surf the web and computer usage. though all in all as long as i have my defragmentor i would be happy with any os as long as i get us to it.

I did a fresh install on my laptop with a vista disc that didn't come with my machine. my laptop came with too much junnk on it making it bog down and even take forever to load up. as soon as I did a fresh install without the junk it turned on in seconds.

I like it but I prefer XP and Linux.

in fact, now that I am officially done my school work for the year my desktop computer is going back to linux as soon as I get back from this little trip I have to do.

• Content Count:  3736

Alright I like vista but it seems that I could improve it by deleting and changing stuff around could someone give me advice on what to do. I never really played with it. And as well as the others I get that stupid error when I closed some programs(nothing major but annoying).:cursing:

Reply to Thread