? servers

? players online

How do you feel about Vista?

• Content Count:  234

I got Vista Ultimate for $60 from an M$ employee/friend. It is retail and I love it for everything it is compatible with. The only thing I hate is TrustedInstaller.exe. It really eats up your CPU. I wish they'd auto-prioritize to lowest priority so it won't lag me up in the middle of gaming. On my brand new pc I built, I'm only running XP MCE for now until I get an additional HDD.

On my vista pc, it booted up on Vista much faster than XP booted, however, I had more than recommended specs for vista and that could be why. It seems vista runs much faster than xp in some cases if you have a blazing fast computer.

• Content Count:  3343

Long story short, if you have a computer with;

1 GB of RAM, Vista Home Premium or Better (SP1), and a Dual Core Processor. You should be fine.

• Content Count:  580

Yeah , but there are still programs that I use on XP that are incompatible with Vista. I use a bunch of audio recording software to record to mp3 various songs and play-by-play on the internet. Most of those programs are not compatible with Vista.

Other than that Vista seems to be ok. Today I brought back the Windows Sidebar with all those wacky gadgets. It's pretty nice. :001_unsure:

Edited by Zargotelc

• Content Count:  6741

Hey all, *forum n00bie*

im currently running vista ultimate [cracked] and i have to say, the problems are minimal, no more than XP.

i think that Vista gets slated because theres alot of technicians that consider themselves pro's when it comes to XP, maybe they are...vista opens a new world of technology where the XP "Pro's" know f*ck all about. there scared that this new O/S is going to be so popular, that XP get thrown out the window, along with their expetise and knowledge :)

anyway just a theory *hehe

cYa

• Content Count:  3440

Hey all, *forum n00bie*

im currently running vista ultimate [cracked] and i have to say, the problems are minimal, no more than XP.

i think that Vista gets slated because theres alot of technicians that consider themselves pro's when it comes to XP, maybe they are...vista opens a new world of technology where the XP "Pro's" know f*ck all about. there scared that this new O/S is going to be so popular, that XP get thrown out the window, along with their expetise and knowledge :)

anyway just a theory *hehe

cYa

As an IT "Pro" myself I think you are wrong!

I have no problems with administrating a network of Vista computers. And as for "a new world of technology" there really isn't that much "new technology" in Vista. From a sys-admin standpoint there are some new features that are nice but looking at it from a business standpoint you have to make a case that would justify the cost involved to upgrade (IE: Licenses, Time and IT staff costs to install/maintain, deployment proceedures & application compatibility to name only a few of the issues). And the little gain in some areas in most cases just does not justify the cost involved with the swap. I don't think they are afraid.. in most cases they just can't justify the cost & time involved.

I run Vista Ulitmate at home and XP Pro at work. I find that each has it's pros/cons. As for the negative publicity any new OS will get some of that due to the fact that users don't like change & don't like having to re-learn where to access certain features an example is office 2007 I constantly hear complaints that some of the keyboard shortcuts aren't the same, doesn't make it better or worse, just means you have to re-learn a keyboard shortcut or menu location & people don't like spending the time involved with the change.

• Content Count:  3440

I now HATE VISTA!!!!

Vista is the main reason I can not play my all time fav game. BF1942!!!!!!!!! Vista BLOWS!!!!

I played BF1942 on Vista this weekend and didn't run into any problems. What problems are you having?

• Content Count:  6741

As an IT "Pro" myself I think you are wrong!

I have no problems with administrating a network of Vista computers. And as for "a new world of technology" there really isn't that much "new technology" in Vista. From a sys-admin standpoint there are some new features that are nice but looking at it from a business standpoint you have to make a case that would justify the cost involved to upgrade (IE: Licenses, Time and IT staff costs to install/maintain, deployment proceedures & application compatibility to name only a few of the issues). And the little gain in some areas in most cases just does not justify the cost involved with the swap. I don't think they are afraid.. in most cases they just can't justify the cost & time involved.

I run Vista Ulitmate at home and XP Pro at work. I find that each has it's pros/cons. As for the negative publicity any new OS will get some of that due to the fact that users don't like change & don't like having to re-learn where to access certain features an example is office 2007 I constantly hear complaints that some of the keyboard shortcuts aren't the same, doesn't make it better or worse, just means you have to re-learn a keyboard shortcut or menu location & people don't like spending the time involved with the change.

I agree with what your saying buisness wise, the cost involved by upgrading to vista is too much hassle as well as cost wise.

i was just saying my theory on why some people slate vista for being "crap" when i see nothing to justify it, except older guys who cant be bothered to re-learn skills with a new O/S.

you make a good point dude ;) (Y)

• Content Count:  4354

I played BF1942 on Vista this weekend and didn't run into any problems. What problems are you having?

Man you suck!!! :)

It seems to come back to Punkbuster. I have tried everything to fix it. The error i get is Server abnormality.

Reply to Thread