? servers

? players online

Adventure! The forum-based adventure game.

• Content Count:  954

So, I got bored and decided to make an forum game based on the old Sierra/Lucasarts adventure games. The premise is that you need to adventure. No real plot... yet...

RULES AND NOTES: READ THESE FIRST

First, the ground rule about this game:

You are only allowed to decide what the character does, not what happens, nor can you control the environment.

Examples:

Allowed:

Pick up key

Use key on door

Not allowed:

You feel a breathing down your neck

The trapdoor opens beneath you

Any other rules/exceptions will be added here and edited.

And now for a few notes before we begin. (Read these first)

1: I am very, very bad at art. This means it could take me anywhere between 20 minutes to 2 hours to create the next scene, depending if I'm working on it and how complex the scene is.

2: This is all pixel-art, for the reasons that it's somewhat easier to set up the scenes and it looks more retro

3: The pictures may look a little blurry for a while, this is due to paint.net causing a blur whenever I resize it from 256x128 (the most basic, useful and easy size for decent pixel-art in this) to 512x256 (the best for viewing)

4: As a result of the above, there may be a sudden transition on how the art looks when I start using 512x256 for the base art.

5: This is based after the classic Sierra/LucasArts adventure games, so there will be many, MANY ways to die. And when you do die, expect a smartarse comment on how stupid your action was.

6: Once again, it's based after classic adventure games. No action is too stupid, no solution is too out-there. Use every item on every object until you get a reaction out of it.

7: This is NOT a serious game, this is meant to be as silly as silly can be, and all in good fun

Lastly, I would like to point out the rules for how decisions will be made:

The first 3 actions posted will be put into a random number generator (1, 2 and 3)

The action the generator chooses will be performed, if it leads to death or to nothing happening at all, the next # will be chosen, if all actions lead to death or nothing happening, i will wait for another 3 actions to be chosen after making the "YOU DIED" post.

Also, like Shoiep's thread, there is color coordination. Green = action Yellow = thoughts/speech

Now that all of the rules are out of the way, let's get started eh?

You wake up in what appears to be a long corridor in a dungeon. "Tch, typical..." You think to yourself, you look down the corridor and it appears to be endless...

hrheo4.jpg

Edited by Kurohime

• Content Count:  954

91a0zd.jpg

You decide to have a lie down... But, before you know it, you fall asleep.

And somehow, you die in your sleep. Don't ask me.

35c319c.jpg

What are you doing laying down? There's adventures that need adventuring by brave adventuring adventurers!

28ajfnr.jpg

You get up and decide to walk forward into the endless abyss, not knowing what waits for you on the other side, hoping that---

*KLANG*

Okay, so it turns out this is actually just a prison cell.

6gj7ec.jpg

You can't see much past the giant foreboding steel wall. Actually, you can't see much at all. There's something on your face.

Reply to Thread