? servers

? players online

Hey, I'd love your feedback!

• Content Count:  5

I've been a front-end web developer for years, and have mastered my craft, so I've recently taken to learning some back-end stuff (starting with PHP). My goal is to create an alternative to SourceBans.

"if it 'aint broke, don't fix it!" -- Yeah, I know, but the main goal here is my education through the process of development, so it's alright if this project is redundant.

Anyways, I've not got any features yet that make it an actual alternative to Sourcebans, but what it does do so far is that it displays your server's information in a user-friendly manner. I am wondering if the UI direction I took was something that you guys thing was a good idea.

I eventually want to make this responsive down all the way to your phone, and if my software is good enough, and becomes popular, I will probably make mobile apps for it as well (so that you can manage your server via your phone).

Anyways, Here's a screenshot I just took. Lemme know your thoughts!

Update! Screenshot with a SteamGamers server being displayed:

https://hostr.co/file/C2sUoU8Pm8wb/Screen-Shot-2013-11-06-at-9.41.20-AM.png

Edited by Voobus

• Content Count:  6466

This seems just like what Gametracker does so far? The UI is cleaner, nicer to look at, but still is pretty much the same thing minus all the graphs etc.

You should probably add the Banning side of it before asking for major feedback.

I removed your link for the time being, since it's basically advertising another server. If you would like to re-upload a screenshot of what it looks like with one of our servers instead, then you may.

Yeah, I suppose it's not really far enough to be showing anything off. I just wanted to see if this "app" sort of feel actually made sense to everyone. I'll be sure to update when I get a lot more in here.

Thanks! No ban-features yet, still, but I've been refining the colours here and there, and I added a new chart! Similar to the game tracker chart. It will periodically record the player count in txt files, then put them into an array, add them all up, get the average, and round it. I still need to refine that process, but the chart is great so far!

I've also learned how to generate images via PHP, very similarly to gametracker, again lol. I basically want to make it so you don't need to use an external service like gametracker. All of your bans, server info, etc, will all be in one place, easilly hosted on your website! -- Well, that's the goal, anyways.

https://hostr.co/file/5K2kfOphA3Fi/Screen-Shot-2013-11-07-at-10.36.38-AM.png

• Content Count:  3178

Looking good so far. I kinda like the simple colors :)

It will periodically record the player count in txt files, then put them into an array, add them all up, get the average, and round it. I still need to refine that process, but the chart is great so far!

Why don't you use a database for this kind of stuff? Store it on the database, and remove the data that is older than 7 days.

Edited by Nishok

Reply to Thread