? servers

? players online

Starbound Server?

• Content Count:  2941

6:59 PM - XeNo: Also you know anything about Starbound?

6:59 PM - [sG] Nishok: For hosting a server? Yeah, but sadly I am not going to be home until the 3rd of January. If it hasn't been set up by then, then I will do it.

7:00 PM - XeNo: Alright I just wanted a response to take to the people asking about it.

7:00 PM - XeNo: Thanks Nishok

Starbound server? :happy:

Now, if only updates didn't reset characters. :(

• Like 1

• Content Count:  3073

Starbound server? :happy:

Now, if only updates didn't reset characters. :(

Only had 1 character reset from the first week. Still have my three characters after all the updates....

• Like 1

• Content Count:  3178

Before I actually finish up the Starbound server, I need to know a couple of things.

I know there is no admin mod or something like that, so banning people is impossible as of now.

There are hacks and possible glitches available to crash the server.

So we will have to deal with all that.

Now, what I need to know: Is it safe to put the server online for public?

Eskomo told me that the chance of someone ever visiting your planet is very slim, so chance of grief is also slim.

You can't get to someone else's spaceship unless you are invited to their party, so that is also secured.

Any other stuff that I am unaware of that are potentially dangerous for the players and the server? Because with the info I have now, it seems that it is safe to host a public server.

pretty much on the mark. if someone does anything major you can just go into the files themselves and reset a planet.

Edit: I think there are server mod tools on chucklefish's forums, but they are overloaded at the moment.

Edited by High

• Content Count:  3178

so you gonna make this and rust live servers at any point?

Impatient bastard!

We had some drawbacks on Rust (as you should be able to see from the CE section, I believe?), which is why Starbound was also delayed because we wanted a combined announcement. Everything is going great. So expect it... Very Soon™

Impatient bastard!

We had some drawbacks on Rust (as you should be able to see from the CE section, I believe?),

never had that, even when i was forum mod.

Reply to Thread