? servers

? players online

If you were in my place..

• Content Count:  448

Hey, you may not know me but I need your help. I'm currently in med school at Mcgill university but I'm not happy there. I only choose med school because my parents want me to be a doctor. I want to be a lawyer but I don't know how to tell them. I'm scared that if I change, they'll be pissed at me because in my culture(arabic), being a doctor is really good.

If you were in my place, what would you do?

thanks.

• Content Count:  1070

While I guess it is important to listen to your parents' input, you need to make decisions for yourself. If you honestly do not enjoy the field of medicine, you should switch into something you find more compelling. At the end of the day, it is your life and your parents should not be making life choices for you now that you're an adult. If they get mad or upset, just explain your situation to them, their reaction to this is out of your control and you shouldn't let it bother you too much if it's not the reaction you were looking for.

Bottom line, you're an adult now, grow a pair of testicles and do what makes you happy. You don't need to try an appease your parents' every wish.

• Content Count:  800

As an adult, you don't have to stay trying to get that major, but instead do what you would like to do. Also, if YOU pay the tuition, then you honestly don't have to give a damn about what they want and don't want. Do what makes you happy and don't try make them happy because in the end, it will just make you feel shitty.

In short, FOLLOW YOUR FUCKING DREAMS, YOU BEAUTIFUL GOD DAMN NUB!

• Like 1

• Content Count:  940

Just follow your dreams. Despite making your parents happy, you won't be. Between me and you, what matters most? Besides, lawyers have good salaries too and are just as successful. In conclusion, tell your parents what you want to do and if they disagree and refuse you to follow your dreams, tell them to.... *cough* *cough*.

PS. Im from Montreal and I'm planning to go to McGill :p

• Content Count:  436

It's never a parents choice what their childs should become, we're all free to take our own decisions in life. If you wanna be a lawyer; then become one! If you let other peoples control your life, you'll probably never be truly happy.

• Content Count:  978

Do what makes you happy/will make you happy, if you're going to be a doctor, do it because you want to help people not because of the fucking money. There really are too many people in the medical field who do it for the money and don't give two shits about their patients, that's the fucking worst. These are people with loved ones just like you and I, people who are sick and need to get better/maintain their health in order to see their loved ones and continue to live life to the best of each of their own ability.

Reply to Thread